Sign in to follow this  
T-Mo

Jeep Pickup?

VinsRJ

And lets not for get the Scrambler.

T-Mo

Vin,

That's it - I couldn't remember the name. I actually looked at one back in the early 80s, but me and my wife decided it wasn't practical for a new family. I don't know why I couldn't remember the name "Scrambler". :)

fireman

And just think, if AMC and Jeep went forward with the collaboration, we would have had these to be collecting too. Only three where ever made and this one sold on Ebay for a huge sum a few years ago:

286989154_o.jpg

286989189_o.jpg

286989539_o.jpg

VinsRJ

I just remember the "SCRAMBLER" flanking both sides of the hood in all sorts of cool colors...... like brown and orange :)

JUSS10

i had a scrambler a few years back. never got around to finishing it before i sold it. but once i started college after school all my money went towards tuition so i ended up selling it. here is a picture of it when it sold

jeepwithbody010.jpg

jeepwithbody004.jpg

that gladiator concept has been around for a while. not sure if jeep will ever put it in production though. there is actually a company who makes a kit to build those out of the jeep TJ (wrangler from 97 to 06) the company is called AEV and here is a picture of the "kit" truck you can build

77025-lg.jpg

DSC_2508_d.jpg

0710_4wd_01_z+jeep_wrangler_tj_aev_brute+right_side_view.jpg

and you can't forget my favorite jeep truck. the CJ10. they weren't really found in the US as a truck but rather as a "tug" to move aircraft around on military bases. the tug was called a CJ10a which you can still find floating around the US. i have a friend who has 2.

CJ10 (predominately found in Australia)

CJ10.JPG

cj10.jpg

CJ10a

cj10a_8.jpg

cj10a_7.jpg

as you can probably tell now I'm a bit of a jeep buff. i'm on my 4th jeep at the age of 21 haha. here is my newest edition. this replaced the scrambler that i had to sell.

IMG00394.jpg

it needs some work but it will be a fun toy :)

• Like 1

JUSS10

fireman, what is that jeep? looks like wheel horse with a jeep body?

horsefeathers

Fireman, I'am with Juss10 what is that Jeep-Jr?

I first thought it was a golf cart, but now I'am not so sure?

Controls like WH, hand throtle, choke,Hi-Lo range,clutch,PTO?

Amp gauge, WH logo on sterring wheel and seats!

Whats going on here? I'am dumb founded again 'n again!

Do I have to start rolling over Jeeps to find WH serial #s? :):USA:

:wh: HORSEFEATHERS!

fireman

It was something that AMC (who owned Wheel Horse at the time), and Jeep where working on. From what I understand 3 of them where made but it never went into production. This one came for sale on Ebay a few years ago. Here is an excerpt from the listing:

Jeep Jr. ONE of THREE made!!

For sale is a unique Jeep Jr. built by wheel horse for the Jeep company in 1978. Only three were ever made. One is on display in a museum, one is destroyed, and one is sitting in my garage. The Jeep Jr. runs and drives and has been well maintained over the past thirty years. This Jeep is truly a collectors item. This jeep jr was produced as a prototype in 1978 for American motors and is an actual lawn mower. The jeep goes pretty fast up to 25 mph, and even faster if set up right. Perfect for car collector. Can be driven on street or grass.

I can show potential buyers how to maintain the Jeep Jr. and how to drive it.

I cannot begin to tell how cool and rare this CJ5 Jeep Junior is. I got to spend a day with JOHN NELSON whom is the former Vice President of Engineering for Wheel Horse, who took on the role back in 1978. He explained to me how the design of this Jeep Jr. is the same exact design of a CJ5. He went into detail about how the stylus followed the design of the the full size CJ5 Jeep and carved it into to a clay block to form what later would be the mold to make the body of this CJ5 Jeep JR.

This Jeep jr. has a 20hp Onan Engine of which only 5 to 6 hp are only being utilized. It is set up on the under side with a hydralic lift to raise the actual mower attachment up and down. The hydralic lift works very well! Hydrostatic Drive set up. Lots of torque!! This Jeep Jr has a hitch in the rear to pull a trailer if needed. Jeep Jr. dubs as a lawn tractor/snow blower/go cart/golf cart. It can be used for any of the 4, however it does not have the attachments to currently be used as a lawnmower, or a snow blower. It can be done though! Wheel Horse eventually was bought out by Toro and after talking to John in depth about this, parts can be obtained to use this for its intended purposes. The blade width used is 42" to 44"

I will supply whomever purchases this SUPER RARE item with Mr. John Nelsons personal Cell phone and Home phone numbers in order to talk with more in depth about this Jeep Jr. He has been the only owner for 31 years!

I do have more pictures if you want to see them!

T-Mo

that gladiator concept has been around for a while. not sure if jeep will ever put it in production though.

The links posted are to the 2005 Jeep Gladiator concept. The article that I found those links in was about the Chrsyler Dealer's meeting held last week, where Chrsyler once again teased the dealers and the media with the Jeep pickup concept. But this time it might just happen.

Jeep News for 2012

More Jeep News

JUSS10

that would be pretty sweet. i wanted to get a new jk unlimited but i'd jump on a pickup first. :)

CasualObserver

Bump.

CasualObserver

I've posted all the pictures from the ebay ad back in 2009 into this new album.

546cowboy

Back in the 60's the Army replaced the 3/4 ton Dodge Power Wagons with the Jeep Gladiator (AKA 1 1/4 ton). I know that for a fact as I was in the Army 1966 to 1969 and a wheel vehicle mechanic in the motor pool. I think we got ours in 1967 when we were going to Vietnam. Luckily we got canceled off orders before shipping out. Went to beautiful Ft. Hood Texas.

JamesBe1

And just think, if AMC and Jeep went forward with the collaboration, we would have had these to be collecting too. Only three where ever made and this one sold on Ebay for a huge sum a few years ago:

286989154_o.jpg

286989189_o.jpg

286989539_o.jpg

Now that is definitely cool. But if it were an AMC/Jeep collaboration, they why all the wheel horse parts?

CasualObserver

AMC bought Wheel Horse and operated it as a whole subsidiary company from 1974-1982.

312Hydro

If you want a new Jeep then you might like this-http://www.aev-conve...m_content&id=54 it's the updated Brute based on the JK 4 door. Oh almost forgot. Can you say "HEMI"hero_012.jpg

• Like 1

CasualObserver

Buzz sent me this picture to contribute to the thread... it's another one of the three prototypes. This one was apparently at the WHCC show a few years ago. This picture was taken by Nick when he came across it somewhere else. Notice this one has an implement lift arm.

gallery_37_195_8210.jpg