Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

9/11

mavfreak

I was at work 9 years ago today when I learned of the tragedy unfolding in our country. I can remember wanting to leave but not being aloud to and trying to get ahold of my family. I can remember listening to the radio and hearing the second plane hit. (howard stern did a wonderful job that day). I can remember the dazed feeling and confused look on everyone's face as if it was happening right now.

The event changed everything and everyone.

remembering a day like today on the 9th anniversary over an event that changed every aspect of our lives is something that we all must do. Remember our service men and women and all that have lost there lives to give us our freedom. Pray that their lives were not lost in vain. God bless all of us for all we have and god bless America

formariz

IMG_5261.jpg

I Remember.I remember it everyday. For those of us who worked in and around those buildings and could see them from our backyards if not our living rooms and watched it unfold there is no choice but to remember. I remember the day that the country in which I was not born but embraced me, nurtured, and loved me, was so brutally violated,robbed, and desecrated. For me it is very personal.

Watching up close in the following months all of the kindness, solidarity, and good will of all kinds of different people towards one another, only reinforced my belief that I am in the right place.