Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

If Wheel Horse made a GPS

Uncle BO

BOB

I've used magellin garmin novi and presently have a off beat brand which paid $75.00

and works as good or better as the big name brands the name brand one were given to my family members, I'm the type to get lost in the town I grew up in :USA: so I know of how useful they are. I think I've used them since they became for sale to the public. If tou need to purchase one I probly could get another if interested let me know.

:)

horsefeathers

Bob,

I don't have a GPS or Cell phone don't know how I survive in this modern world?

Got lost going to the WHCC show got lost coming home!!!

Some times it's fun getting lost! But I still don't like it!

Map quest is good I use it when I think of it!

Google Earth is cool you can see the house your going to! That helps!!

I guessI need help too! I'll keep tracking this thread!

Thanks for the help! (still lost in th past!)

:) HORSEFEATHERS!

Don1977

We have a 4 year old Garmin don't know the number. I only need it when I'm with my wife. When I'm alone I go by direction North, South, East, and West. When the Interstate backs-up I get off and find a road going in the same direction, it drives my wife wild. :)

dobeleo

I have a gps on my att phone, the problem with it is when i dont know where im going, the signal drops out or the signal does not react as fast as im driving. Half the time it looks like im drivng in a field off the road. I gave up using it

rmaynard

I finally gathered all the info that I needed and made my decision. After reading all the suggestions here, all the reviews from online sources, and actually seeing some hands-on demos, I have purchased a Garmin Nuvi 1490LMT, with lifetime maps, and traffic updates for $279.99. Even though I am not happy that Garmin obsoleted my StreetPilot after only 6 years, I can't complain about the price of the new unit. If it lasts as long as the StreetPilot did, it will have cost me $46.50 per year, whereas the StreetPilot ended up costing me $207.00 per year over the 6 years of ownership.

I suppose that since these things aren't made by Wheel Horse, we can expect them to last forever.

Thanks to all for your input.

Bob

horsefeathers

I finally gathered all the info that I needed and made my decision. After reading all the suggestions here, all the reviews from online sources, and actually seeing some hands-on demos, I have purchased a Garmin Nuvi 1490LMT, with lifetime maps, and traffic updates for $279.99. Even though I am not happy that Garmin obsoleted my StreetPilot after only 6 years, I can't complain about the price of the new unit. If it lasts as long as the StreetPilot did, it will have cost me $46.50 per year, whereas the StreetPilot ended up costing me $207.00 per year over the 6 years of ownership.

I suppose that since these things aren't made by Wheel Horse, we can expect them to last forever.

Thanks to all for your input.

Bob

Bob I'am happy to hear you made a choice!

But.... I rember when (and i'am only 50)

A company in business had to offer a quality product!

And offer that product at a competive price!

Or they would be out of business!

Ohh...How times have changed!

Now you don't offer a product without a monthly fee!

How did they do that? And we buy in to that no problem!

They got us by the "balls" and we don't care!

What happened?