Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Fun's over

Rollerman

:thumbs: Back to work Monday morning. :thumbs:

I enjoy haveing the winter off & always look forward to it when fall starts comeing around...gives ya a chance to catch up on stuff.

But this was a long one.....anyways better make this weekend last till 7 AM Monday!

pond195520032003

thats great news Stephen :D got to get that red tractor fund back in order :thumbs: check in when you can though :P keep your eyes peeled, as you will be able to get a better look at peoples back yards :thumbs:

kj4kicks

That's good news Stephen !

Too bad you won't be able to make the Indy trip next week. I'll see you in June !

T-Mo

Great news, Stephen. :thumbs: But now to get the old body used to going to bed earlier and earlier mornings. :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)

:thumbs: Hay thats good news tickster who do you work for I did the blacktop thing for 23 years The first job I had was for James Julan in DE. then I worked for HRI inc. for 18 years. I ran roller, paver ,drove truck and skidloader.

nylyon

Sorry to hear that the hibernation period is over, but I'll bet you're anxious to get back!

roller.gif

Rollerman

Hay thats good news tickster who do you work for I did the blacktop thing for 23 years The first job I had was for James Julan in DE. then I worked for HRI inc. for 18 years. I ran roller, paver ,drove truck and skidloader.
\

Rod I work for a company called Niblock in north central IN.

If any ones been travelling along the toll road you may have seen the big yellow silo's just east of Elkhart?

Currently I'm a spot filler so to speak.....I do pretty much everything on the crew except operate the screed as a screw man.

Most of the time I operate the roller

I was the full time roller man for many years & still find myself on it about 75% of the time.

Rod how old were you when you started your 23 years :thumbs: of asphalt paveing?

Thats a career of it my hats off to you. :thumbs:

whchris

hey at least you got 4 more days than i did out of it lucky! oh yea and the weekend work starts sunday at 7 am and dosent look like its letting up till fall not good news for june but i may just not show at work for 2 or 3 days :thumbs:

perry

i dont know how you can take them blazing hot summer days working on the road crew. wow! its gotta be a hot one out there.

spring is here ! :thumbs: keep us updated when you can.

T-Mo

I agree, Perry. I don't envy anyone who has to work out in that heat. I'm always amazed at the people who do. :thumbs:

Rod(NASNUT)
Rod how old were you when you started your 23 years of asphalt paveing?
I was 17 when I started I was :imstupid: and quit school you know how teenagers are :thumbs:

Rollerman

Oh wow...this is ruff....it's 5AM Monday morning & no naps today. :thumbs:

Get out of work today I also have several yards to start rolling.

See you guys next fall......kidding. :thumbs:

Brrly1

Hey Stephen What are you talking about ? I have to go in this morning work and drill holes at Savage Hall at the Univer. of Toledo until noon ,then take off supposedly go home to go to sleep and be back out on I-75 this evening at 8 pm till 5 am tomorrow. And then who knows what is going to happen because another contractor fires up on Wednesday morning on the turnpike. You think you have it rough ,you should try chasing one of these saws around. See Ya !!! John

Curmudgeon

Ah, someone besides me with really screwy hours!!!!

I ought to be getting my butt to bed soon... tomorrow is a late start, but wednesday morning comes really early.

glenn27

\

Rod I work for a company called Niblock in north central IN.

If any ones been travelling along the toll road you may have seen the big yellow silo's just east of Elkhart?

Currently I'm a spot filler so to speak.....I do pretty much everything on the crew except operate the screed as a screw man.

Most of the time I operate the roller

I was the full time roller man for many years & still find myself on it about 75% of the time.

Rod how old were you when you started your 23 years :D of asphalt paveing?

Thats a career of it my hats off to you. :thumbs:

Tickster--that's Kool (literally)--I had noticed the roller in ur avatar--and thought that was just funny, but now I understand!

I work for a company that has one division that does site work--shopping centers/subdivisions, etc....and when they did asphalt work--they sold their batch plant and three crews last year, but is still here on their property. I've driven the trucks haulin' the 'black gold', and run the roller/hand tamper--even shoveld for hours @ a time..Mostly drove the low-boy trailer moving the heavy equipement, until got promoted to another division...

Small World-- :thumbs:

Take care of yourself--drink lottsa water/fluids!!!

T-Mo

Stephen,

So how was your first day back? :thumbs: