Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

How to change oil on an 18 wheeler

TT

That's the main reason why I don't like the bolt-on front frame sections on a Kenworth. :imstupid:

Seriously -- there really isn't much that holds them together. :thumbs:

wse100

I change the oil in 3 internationals, and one kenworth, its a pain in the rear. When I did the kenworth i go an oil bath, thats all i will say.

***Just saw the picture wow, UHH...I have never seen that before.

pond195520032003

saw that on there last night Stephen :thumbs: cant figure it out unless it was a weak frame :D seems odd that it would break in the same place on both sides :P :thumbs:

T-Mo

I guess my engine rebuild in my C141 increased the hp just a little. I apologized to the truck driver for me not knowing my C's strength. :thumbs:

hoosier

I saw this quite awhile back. One guy commented that the frame on this model was prone to fatigue at a certain point in the front. If I remember correctly he had strengthened this point in some way on several trucks.

edit... Just gotta say, memory not that good on that last sentence. I would go back through all the comments to find that particular comment but would take me all night. Sorry if I'm mistaken.

Kelly

Holly crap glad I'm not paying the tow bill

whchris

i believe there are only 6 or 8 bolts holding them together there if i remember correctly ive seen this done to remove the engine or swap the clutch something of that nature anyways

wse100

tomorrow is one of the days I work for the trucking company, I will look to see how the front end is held on.

that is seriously crazy.

Curmudgeon

Whoever wrote the caption is definitely a redneck.

1) the hand brake only sets the trailer brakes.

2) the parking brake only sets the rear wheels

So HOW could brakes be the behind the break? LOL

CasualObserver

anybody read the comments?

# Roscoe wrote on Monday, March 24, 2008 (PDT):

# cant help it but i photoshopped this cause you all hurt my feelings front end was actually taken from a previous site front of engine is another and side of semi trailer is another sorry was just bored

perry

anybody read the comments?

thats why i am not on YTmag that much. too many clowns. i left when nebraska cowman started his own board.

Curmudgeon

I quit reading comments a long time ago. Except for here of course!!!!

Rollerman

Comments or not the pic is still pretty interesting...thats why I added the link.

If the load was heavy enough & things all worked out right for the wrong things to happen...I could see how it would happen.

I don't beleive the pic is a cut & paste?

At work we have a "Skagit" crane setup as a drag line for the gravel pit.

They moved it a few years back & really tore up the the old General low boy tractor they were pulling it with...If I remember right they were useing a TD20 dozer to help it & ripped the 5th wheel plate off the 1st time.

I can't find any pics of a "Skagit" drag line crane...but it's the same deal you see on the discovery channel that the loggers use to pull the logs up the mountain.

Curmudgeon

I find links like that fun!!! Gives us all a chance to pick on someone besides ourselves. Not that that can't be fun at times too!

My vote, keep 'em coming!!

whchris

i left ytmag when i started this forum then i left this forum when life started but im back now does that mean life ended?

Rollerman

Wow Chris thats a lot to ponder....I know were all glad to see you back on Red Square!!

I hardly ever look at the forums there at YT...just browse through the adds & stuff like "stuck & troubled"

Curmudgeon

Good question Chris! If you want to get philosophical, I can attempt to withstand the pace. Given my latest turn in life's adventure, I have a tendency to believe my life is just beginning. That's what I've said since starting the second fifty at least!

My problem is, while life is beginning, my Wheel Horse hobby has sure been put on the skids. I don't even miss my garage yet, possibly because I know I'm not going to have one for a long time and am looking forward, not dreading what may be lost to the past forever.

So it's entirely possible, you'll see more of my posts in the off beat topic sections, non-tractor related, humor, etc. than in the other ones.

What was the question again? OH YEAH, as long as we have friends like we do here, life progresses in fine fashion. Too bad I have NO fashion sense whatsoever. LOL To prove it, maybe someday I'll post some pictures of my apartment once I get everything in place. REALLY scare you guys!!!!!!