Sign in to follow this  
TT

A treasure in my Dad's cupboard

TT

These were installed as back-up lights on my Dad's 1952 Chevy pick-up many, many moons ago.

It was great that he removed them before he sold the truck -- and even better that we found them again!

See if they look familiar :thumbs: :

pm401s007.jpg

kpinnc

Nice find Terry!

What are you gonna put them on?

Kevin

TT

Probably Ebay. :D

Nah..... just kidding! :P

I'll have to "snag" a piece of round stock to make the bracket first, and of course they have to go on a tractor that has electric start......

Maybe the 702 ???? :thumbs::thumbs: (the 753 & 854 are a long way off from needing headlights :D )

Rollerman

That is a nice find TT....allways wondered if those lights were used for other applications...now I know.

TT

Yep.... made by Peterson Manufacturing, but all spare parts were gone years ago.

There's still a few NOS ones floating around out there though.

0660_1.jpg

kj4kicks

Nice find TT !! :thumbs:

perry

i think i have one of those sitting on the shelf. came with the 1067, but bolted to the hood.

CasualObserver

Those look to be in really good shape too! Nice find TT! Just think how many more of them are just sitting on shelves, or laying under workbenches in boxes in barns and machines sheds all over the place!

TT

These do have the pinkish tinted lenses, and the chrome is a bit tarnished and thin from riding on the back of the Chevy all those years, but I think I can save them. I have a line on another complete pair, and just bought a NOS still-in-the-box one yesterday.

....... and I'm sure if I ask my uncle (the one with the Speedex "B") he'll probably come up with another 3 or 4 pair. :thumbs:

Now I wish I would have written down the dimensions of the mount that I USED to own. :thumbs:

Rollerman

I USED to own one to TT. :thumbs:

That was a long time ago when I first started collecting & did not realise the rarity of some items. :thumbs:

Not a lot to those brackets...I'm sure someone will chime in & give you some dimensions.