Sign in to follow this  
tgranthamfd

Duro Max

tgranthamfd

Just wondering if any of you guys have or have used the Duro Max brand of generator?? If so, what is your take on them? They do have some of the best pricing around for what you get. I just bought a 8000 watt continuous with a 10000 watt surge, 16 horse OHV engine, with electric start and a battery for $899 and free lift gate to a resident shipping. Anyway, just curious.

Sparky

My only concern would be who makes the engine B) . It doesnt seem to be a Honda or Subaru/Robin. If you needed engine parts would your local power equipment dealer be able to help you out.

The price is great for the amount of wattage your getting tho.

http://www.generatorfactoryoutlet.com/gfo/...lite-Series.asp

Mike..........

tgranthamfd

It looks really close to the Honda or Yamaha. I'm thinking a Honda clone. I have been looking at these for about 3 years now, and haven't heard anything negative about them but they are Ca. based. Filled with oil and put in about a gal. of gas, started right up. So far I have ran it for about an hour with a load and about 30 mins. at an idle. Purs like a kitten, so far. I will run it for a while tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks for your input sparky.