Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Daylight Savings Time for the US

nylyon

Remember to put your clocks 1 hour ahead tonight as daylight savings time begins tonight. For RedSquare, there is a "button" in My Controls --> Board Settings for "Is daylight savings time in effect?". If tomorrow your time is off by an hour, check that box and it should clear you up!

T-Mo

Karl,

Yeah I know. Now I'll be getting up at 2:30 instead of 3:30. It will take a few days before my body realize it's not 2:30. :thumbs:

TT

Good thing you said something about that, Karl! :thumbs:

In my "current situation", it's tough to remember what day it is-- let alone something as sporadic as that! :thumbs:

Rollerman

I miss the old Indiana where we didn't have to change are clocks...this is something new for most of us Hoosiers.

I'm still trying to figure out the benefits of are new to us time change. :thumbs:

nylyon

The benefits for you is you is that you will be in sync with the rest of the country. I think it is silly to change the clocks, BUT even sillier that all states, or even portions of states don't change.

CasualObserver

I just caught that time change thing on the news yesterday... you'd think since they moved it up so much earlier in the year, it would be more widely publicized.

I'm still trying to get used to being in a different area of my time zone. It never occurred to me until I moved that daylight begins and ends at different times when you move around IN your time zone! I now live about two hours west of where I've spent most of my life... and well... it's amazing to me that there is about a half-hour of light difference. Just one of those random little things you probably would never think about unless it happens to you. :thumbs:

nylyon

Oh, and an additional note. If you have an older computer which may not be up to date on patches, you will need to check the time tomorrow AND check again the last Sunday in March (original time change window) to be sure that the time is accurate. This goes for VCR's, clocks in cars, etc...

Greg B.

:D This is getting :thumbs::P Life was so much simpler before our tools got so smart :thumbs:

Greg B.

whchris

karl the time on my computer says is 4:55 am the time on my cell phone says its 1:32 pm which do i believe oh and the grandfather clock hasnt gotten wond up for 10 years so its not too accurate

nylyon

It sounds like the Grandfather Clock has the best time. The Cell Phone is off by 1 minute so it never has the right time, the computer is way off and never has the right time, but that Grandfather clock, well it's stopped it's right twice a day! :thumbs:

whchris

the only problem with that is its not near the time when ever i look at the thing the best part is the pendulum controls the noon gongs but not the clock i really have no idea why, but the pendulum gets stopped occasionally so it never gongs at noon usually sometime after i go to bed when it is going