Sign in to follow this  
TT

The "Snow Horse" makes the local paper !

TT

A very short article and four photos made the local weekly paper.

Nothing major, but it's in there. :thumbs:

stgazette.jpg

stgazette2001.jpg

nylyon

Woo Hoo, made the papers! Here's your 15 minutes of fame!

kj4kicks

:thumbs: :thumbs: :D

Sparky

Rattle Snake Pike?? Is that a town name? Kinda sounds like someplace where the cowboys and injuns fought.

And of course congradulations on the media coverage. Are you being chased by the Paparazzi like Brittney :thumbs: ?

Mike........

Greg B.

Hot dang, TT! Way to go.

Greg B.

Kelly

Now we have a celebrity in the group :thumbs: Good job TT, now come clean what did it cost to get that in the paper :thumbs:

pond195520032003

:P :D:thumbs: congratulations (Terry and Nick) way to go! :D:P now dont let that go to your head :P :thumbs:

perry

thats awsome TT :D . great job by you and your son. :D:thumbs::thumbs: :P

kpinnc

Great job Terry!

Kevin

TT

I'm just glad that it was in the "happy" section of the paper! :D

One of the writers lives across from my Mom & Dad. :D They don't have a big publication (it's circulated weekly -- and it's free) but a lot of people see it. I think they were happy to just have something to fill up some of the space. :thumbs:

Rattlesnake Pike is the name of the road we live on. It used to be part of the stagecoach trail between Philadelphia and Erie. (and to answer the next question -- No, I've never seen one (rattlesnake OR stagecoach) in the 17 years I have lived here. :P )

The town name is Julian (pronounced "Julie-Anne" :thumbs: ) but it is actually about 7 miles from us.

I'm glad you all enjoyed our little lawn ornament. :P I just wish I could build a garage that easily -- but one that wouldn't melt in two days! :P

Rollerman

TT good to see you made the paper.

Maybe the next snowstorm you can do a mock up of your articulated?

I agree with Mike's Comment about Rattlesnake Pike...I did not know it was the road.

Figured it was your town or village.

Either way it sounds very Louis L'Amore! :thumbs:

TT

The first thing I usually get asked when I give my address is "do you ever see any rattlesnakes?". We live near the bottom of the mountain(s) and usually only see garters, ringnecks, and an occasional black racer. (I've seen two copperheads too :D )
If you drive west of here about 2 or 3 miles, you'd be on top of the mountain where there are lots of rocks (some are bigger than trucks!) that apparently were left there by glacier activity. I'm guessing that the rattlesnakes are all up there, but I'm not going to go look for them. :hide:
Straight across the road from the house is a smaller dairy farm, and we're surrounded by fields and forests. (and hills and mountains!) About a 20 minute drive will put us on the other side of the mountain to the south, which is where the "city" of State College, PA is located. About another 40 minutes southeast of there would be Rods'(NASNUT) backyard swimming pools! :)