Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Slightly pimped mower

Stigian

Its that time of year here when the grass is starting to grow a bit, so as you do, i thought i would be a good idea to get my grass cutters into good order :thumbs:

I might of lost track of what i was doing a bit :P

Id been wondering if the old custom muffler i made for the Webb all those years ago would fit the Briggs engine in my Hayter :thumbs:

Well, one thing lead to another and this is the result. :D

With preparation time running into ooooo about a minute the flames were masked up and spray on with whatever colour rattle cans i had about the place which was white and silver.

It may not be the best of paint jobs, and the muffler may get a bit loud for me over time, but for me the best bit is, after a winter of being left in a cold shed the old hayter fired up on the first pull of the cord :D

100_2612.jpg

100_2611.jpg

100_2610.jpg

Mith

Hey Ian, I cant see the back properly, but if its one with the chain drive to the roller you can change the sprcokets and increase the speed. We call it the 'contractors mod' so they can mow faster.

Nice!

Now, call me stupid, but that looks like a Tec engine in the hayter?

Sparky

And a custom intake as well!

So Ian...is your car as cool as your yard equipment? I picture side pipes and racing stripes with chrome wheels and some type of cup holder you welded up yourself :thumbs: .

Mike......

Stigian

Hey Ian, I cant see the back properly, but if its one with the chain drive to the roller you can change the sprcokets and increase the speed. We call it the 'contractors mod' so they can mow faster.

Nice!

Now, call me stupid, but that looks like a Tec engine in the hayter?

Its belt drive Jim, or was as the belt broke about 2 years ago, but as its only used for cutting a patch of lawn thats too big for the WH i never got around to fixing it.

maybe it should be me whos called :imstupid:

Ive had this hayter about 5 years and never really looked at the stickers on the engine :P

I did comment to Pete and Garry this morning about why it has a tec starter on a Briggs engine :D:thumbs:

The custom intake was knocked up after i found the original foam air filter was falling apart... and as i had the bit about the place i thought why not :P

So Ian...is your car as cool as your yard equipment?

I wish it was Mike :P

Due to poor health i gave up driving about 4 years ago (it was better to stop while it was my idea :D ) and dont have a car.

My wife drives a small Vauxhall Corsa but wot let me ahemm... play with it :thumbs:

At least i have the :D up for airbrushed flames on the toilet seat :D

TR_DIGGER

I saw those pics and naturely thought of Ian and it was you, Cool lookin machine :thumbs:

hoosier

Wes, Ian, and Mith, (Jim)? You guys rock!! Keep on doing. You all do some great WH stuff and other, and it's fun to see. Thanks, Jim

Mith

:thumbs: I had to double take too, not many hayters with tecs. Didnt know tec made leccy start mowers engines either (that is a battery and starter I can see right?).

:D You'll have to come paint go faster flames on my car, it could do with the help :thumbs: They have speed cameras on the hogs back today, if I got a ticket I'd be impressed in that car....

Cheers Jim (hoosier),

Cheers

Jim

Stigian

Had a look at the sticker today, its is a tec :D

That is a starter and battery you can see Jim :thumbs:

The battery came out of an old computer power back-up :thumbs:

I should give it a charge really, but as the engine has always been a good starter on the cord :D:P

Any particular colour go-faster flames Jim? :P

I think its extra weight from all the WH spares and tools i expect your trunk is full of :P