Sign in to follow this  
dustycarter

Deadliest Catch

dustycarter

Did anybody here about that? I found out about 2 hours after he died. Does anybody watch Deadliest catch?

rmaynard

Don't have any idea what you are talking about. B)

Bob

stevebo

Dusty,

I just was that last night too. He was not the specimen of health. He was one of a kind. It will certainly change that show.

WHC-125

Dusty, I also watch Deadliest Catch, the show will be completely different without him. May he rest in peace!

d180man

I just got done watching Swamp Loggers and i seen the small clip showing he died! i like the show it will not be the same with out him ! RIP !

rickv1957

Yes,the show will sure be not the same,Rick

bustedglass

I never miss the show :party: . I heard about it yesterday. He has not been in good health since he had that blood clot problem a couple of seasons ago. No, the show for sure wont be the same B) .

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his two sons on the show, and the rest of the immediate, and crabbing family.

pond195520032003

my brother watches it all the time! found out about it on the net a couple days ago :clap:

hard to tell what will happen now B) will the show stay on :party:

VinsRJ

Very sad.... but like it was stated he was not the healthiest. After that blood clot situation a couple seasons ago the Drs told him no more fishing. The boat did so bad the next season he had no choice but to saddle up again. He'll be missed.

The show still has Sig who IMO has been the star of the show from the start. Don't get me wrong Phil was a very big part of the show but his boys will carry the torch just fine. They just need to get a captain that can fish.... not be a star.... for their continued success.

can whlvr

i watch it always phils sons will be lost without him

Ken B

I follow Deadliest Catch myself and Phil was a favorite of mine. Sad news.

My favorite captain is Sig. I think the show will carry on. We still got the boys on the Time Bandit.

HorseFixer

Well I have been wanting to watch it, Just been doing something else when its on, or just have been missing it! <_< Now from what you guys say it might be ending that really BITES cause I wont get to watch the good stuff even if they do keep it. B)

Redbird

Phil was my favorite, too. I heard about his stroke a couple days after it happened. I have watched the show from the beginning and thought about Phil and the boys often over the years. He will be missed so much. I know he has taught the boys well and they will continue on it true Phil Haris fashion.

Now comes the eerie part. As I said, I have thought of Phil and the boys a lot. I was thinking of Phil for some reason RIGHT when I shot the pic below. In the upper right corner there is a buoy bag with the frayed ends of the rope. The rope on the right would have gone to the crab pot and the one on the left to the secondary buoy bag used for snagging with the hook. I did NOT do any fancy camera work or editing. This not bull. In fact, I didn't see it til I posted it the other day. You can see THROUGH it.

To me, the frayed ropes mean the severing of ties with this life. The crab pot being the grounding to the Earth, the main buoy bag being life and the secondary bag being Phil.

Snow_3.jpg

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I lost interest in the show after they went to the quota system and it became more of a "semi deadliest catch".

That's too bad about him dying but he kept on smoking like a stack and drinking after his major stroke in 2008 and that's just asking to die. Maybe his son will quit smoking from his death (but I doubt it).

chazm

I just read that his son was arrested for DUI & hit run in Phil's BMW last Thursday

Said he was taking his fathers death hard which is understandable.

Hope he gets things straighten out for himself.

Chaz B)