Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Max Nunn Update

nylyon

Below is taken from CarePages posted by Tom Nunn....

Transplant Day +48

Posted 3 hours ago

Jodie and I met with one of Max's Doc's yesterday to go over the recent MRI. It still showed abnormalities and was similar to the previous one. Max got his Broviac out yesterday as well as a test of his spinal fluid. Max's Doctor called with the results of the test and there are preliminary suspicions cells, He has had no sign of cancer cells in the previous two or three lumbar punctures so this is news we were not expecting. It will take more time to find out more about the cells that were found, The plan for now is to go ahead with radiation and adjust as need while looking for other possibilities of treating the fluid in the brain and spinal canal. The last shipment of Team Max shirts came in today and Jodie and Mom will start contacting people who bought them and get them shipped but please bare with us it will still take a little time to get them all sorted and shipped. Max is feeling quite well and has been out riding his quad and sledding, even right after getting home from the hospital yesterday he still went out and played for a couple hours with Lilly. He will go in for sedation and simulation for radiation on Friday. Simulation means exactly that , it is treatment planning involving positioning his body, making marks on his skin and taking imaging scans as well as making a molded mask to position him the same for each session. He will then start the actual radiation the following week. We will update more as we learn of any changes. Thank you all for your continued support. STOP CHILDHOOD cANCER

Please get Involved, this can happen to any child.

www.teamunite.net

Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer of children.

One in every 330 children will develop cancer before the age of 19.

The National Cancer Institute

sodbuster

thank you for the update!! I think max has touched us all in someway.and all are thinking of him!! please keep us updated!!

HorseFixer

Thanks For The Update Karl. B)

Coadster32

Thanks For The Update Karl.

Ditto.

Jodie Nunn

Thank you for bringing the update over Karl, Max is out riding hid quad daily and it is bringing a world of fun to him, he bought a gun rack with his own money to put on it for his bb gun. He is completly responsible in his riding skills. he even pulled me on a sled ( the road rash has since healed as he gave me no mercy lol), I still cannot thank you all enough for what you have done for Max, Take care, Tom B)