Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Where's everyone from?

Confused99

I don't think I put a reply either.

I live in Mound, MN which is a suburb of Minneapolis and located 20 miles straight west of downtown. I think Mound is most famous for the Tonka Toys that were manufactured here originally. They have since moved to Mexico. Mound is also on the NW shore of Lake Minnetonka.

Jason

edit: I did some research and it looks like they are now manufactured in China after a short move to TX.

rickv1957

Stover Mo,Rick

Indy w h

New Richmond,Indiana A.k.a. "hickory"

home of the famous movie "Hoosiers"

rockbuilt

I am in the northern most part of MD there is a Mason-Dixson line marker @ 1/4 mile form my house central between York PA and Baltimore MD Thanks for the interest in this I have been wondering myself it seems everyone that has something I need lives in the northern mid west :notworthy:

tophatbufflo

I live in Oskaloosa Iowa 60 mi.Sw of Des Moines 50 mi. North of the Missouri border

wheelhorsec85

hi all , im here in east hartford ct about 5 miles or so to the city of hartford been collecting about 9 years now , and selling parts to get all those wheel horses back up and running again . :notworthy:

d180man

Hi we are noth east of st louse mo. off i-55 or 127 in sorento il. :notworthy:

mnWHfan

I am originally from the town of Nowthen, MN (population 39 when I was there), which is located between the three cities of Anoka, Elk River, and St. Francis. My family still lives there, but for the last 12 years I've been living in Waconia, MN. Waconia is approximately 35 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis.

Confused99

I live in Oskaloosa Iowa 60 mi.Sw of Des Moines 50 mi. North of the Missouri border

Cool, I went to college at Indian Hills and grew up in Marengo, IA .

Jason

Confused99

I am originally from the town of Nowthen, MN (population 39 when I was there), which is located between the three cities of Anoka, Elk River, and St. Francis. My family still lives there, but for the last 12 years I've been living in Waconia, MN. Waconia is approximately 35 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis.

Wow, you are real close to me. Let me know if you need anything.

Jason

Cody

Im in a small town in North East Pa called Lehman, near the Wilkes-Barre/scranton area.

mnWHfan

Wow, you are real close to me. Let me know if you need anything.

Jason

We will have to meet some time. I currently working on redoing my C161 8-speed. Have you been down to the LeSeuer show?

Dennis

Confused99

We will have to meet some time. I currently working on redoing my C161 8-speed. Have you been down to the LeSeuer show?

Dennis

No......not yet :notworthy: . I am in Waconia often picking up parts from the farm store.

Jason

dadstractor1

mayview mo dadstractor :notworthy:

SALTYWRIGHT

HI..........I AM IN NORWALK, CT. BUZZ I USED TO RACE SPORTS CARS (S.C.C.A.)

IN VINELAND, N.J. IN THE 60 AND 70S. I SOLD WHEEL HORSES IN THE 50 AND 60S IN GREENWICH, CT. I AM IN MY 80S NOW BUT STILL GO TO MANY SHOWS. I HAVE A SMALL YARD (1/5AC) BUT HAVE 6 TRACTORS. :notworthy: RUSS

kajamo240

mnWHfan,

You are pretty close to me too. I am just 9 miles north of St. Francis!

Buzz

HI..........I AM IN NORWALK, CT. BUZZ I USED TO RACE SPORTS CARS (S.C.C.A.)

IN VINELAND, N.J. IN THE 60 AND 70S. I SOLD WHEEL HORSES IN THE 50 AND 60S IN GREENWICH, CT. I AM IN MY 80S NOW BUT STILL GO TO MANY SHOWS. I HAVE A SMALL YARD (1/5AC) BUT HAVE 6 TRACTORS. :notworthy: RUSS

Small world Russ. I practically lived at the old Vineland Speedway in the late 50's and early 60's, stock car racing Friday night, drag racing Saturday, and sports car racing several Sundays. This should bring back some memories. The sign's down at Fleming's Junkyard where they hold the Pumpkin Run.

speedway07-387x308.jpg

Be sure to check out the newest race track in our area, it's about 5 miles from where the old speedwy was.:

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/

tgranthamfd

I too, voted and never posted on here. I live in Marlow, Ok. Which is in south central Oklahoma. I did add my name to the map, but couldn't get a picture added with it. It is nice to see where everyone is from. Good idea. :thumbs:

KC9KAS

I live in Holland, Indiana....about 45 miles NE of Evansville, Indiana.

Holland is in the SW corner of Dubois County...Jasper is the county seat.

dcrage

Never read this section of the site until today -- A really good part, glad I found it -- I live in Imperial, MO (30 mi south of the Arch in St. Louis) -- I live on 7 acres of Ozark wooded hills -- My 310-8 (that I bought brand new at Mueller Motors in DeSoto, MO back in 1989 or 1990) cuts my lawn (42 inch SD) and pushes snow out of the driveway (42 inch blade) -- Need to find a tiller to start rehabbing my yard (trees, hills, and rocks are condusive to grass growing)

The more interesting part of my story is that I grew up in Sedalia, MO -- Most of my family is still over there, including my 93 year old Dad -- My 310-8 makes a trip to Sedalia once or twice a month to keep his yard in check during the growing season -- None of that is particularly intersting, but what is interesting to me is that Rick and his 17 Ds and 54 total Wheelhorses (or whatever the current count is) would be all of 30 or 40 miles from Sedalia -- That puts me real close to one of the shrives to Wheelhorse collecting

dcrage

Damn -- If I could type I would be dangerous -- The last line of my previous post should have read "That puts me real close to one of the shrines to Wheelhorse collecting"

6wheeler

Thats what you get for using two fingers instead of one :party: I am from Farmington Mn. 35mi. south of the twin cities. I am sorry but, I don't think we are famous for anything B) Look its snowing again :clap: Pat

Dresden Guy

My wife and I live in Dresden, Ohio whose only claim to fame is being the hometown of the founder of Longaberger baskets - Dave Longaberger. Nearby is the world's largeset handwoven basket (3 blocks away), and the 500+ employees home office (see attached picture) in Newark, Ohio.

LongabergerHomeOffice.jpg

We operate a very busy B&B - Sarah's House Victorian B&B.

I have never wanted it to snow, but now that I have my WHs, I say "bring it on". My wife even did a YouTube of me snow plowing....like a little kid and I'm 65!

Gotta' love those WHs.

rmaynard

Steve,

It's bad enough that I have to see these baskets all over my house, but man, I feel sorry for you having to look at that monstrosity everyday. B)

Bob

BBCamaro

Fenton,Mi about 50 miles north of Detroit B)