Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Where's everyone from?

nylyon

Tell us where you're from and add yourself to the map below.

gyo.gifs.gifp.gifh.gif

Show us your mug!

nylyon

I'm in Brewster, NY which is located about 60 miles north of NYC. Many say that Brewster, located in Putnam County, is the beginning of New York State. Oh forgot to mention, Brewster is famous. Remember "That Girl" with Marlo Thomas? Well in the show, That Girl was originally from Brewster, NY!

T-Mo

I'm actually between Potosi and Bonne Terre, Missouri, about 50 miles south of St. Louis. Potosi was founded by Moses Austin who also founded Austin, Texas. It was also in consideration for the state capitol when the state chose Jefferson City. The story goes that there was contingent that came up from Texas to steal the tomb of Moses Austin, who is also buried in Potosi, but they were caught robbing the grave.

Curmudgeon

Middle of the Mitten. Clare, Michigan, right in the center of the lower peninsula where the two freeways cross. Can't miss me, or I should say, the intersection 8 miles from me...................

Dale

Sparky

I'm in Andover Connecticut which is about 15 miles east of Hartford, our capitol. Its a small, 2 traffic light, one pizza joint kinda town and I love it.

My neighbor got me into Wheel Horse tractors about 6 years ago. I was searchin for a snow-plow for my Agway(MTD) and he showed me his plow setup on his Wheel Horse and explained what would happen to my stamped steel front end and my aluminum trannsmission. So we found a Wheel horse that I would just use to plow and after a couple of storms I was hooked and wanted another just to have a backup...and then another...and then another...well you get the idea.

Mike....9 WH's

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, I'm in York, PA. About 20 miles south of Harrisburg, about an hour north of Baltimore, MD, 90 miles west of Philly, and most importantly, about 1/2 hour away from the Gettysburg show. So, anybody going to the show will be stuck with me, year in and year out. I have one spare bedroom, so it's first come, first served, on a free room for that weekend! Otherwise, I have a decent sized back yard for an RV or two....

Eldon.... Still workin' the FEL

CasualObserver

Kasson, Minnesota. 15 miles (or so) due west of Rochester, home of the World Famous Mayo Clinic and another little company you may have heard of called IBM (or "Big Blue as it's referred to around town.) Kasson is a nice, quiet, little residential town. It's only about an hour to get up the the Twin Cities if we feel like it.

nylyon

IBM has a big facility in Rochester, MN but the headquarters is in Armonk, NY (about 20 miles south of me) and everyone knows IBM stands for I've Been Moved :D

Welcome!

T-Mo

IBM has a big facility in Rochester, MN but the headquarters is in Armonk, NY (about 20 miles south of me) and everyone knows IBM stands for I've Been Moved :P

Welcome!

Now, it might stand for "I being Monitered" - especially at my company. :D

Buzz

I'm in Vineland NJ, about 40 minutes from Philly and 40 minutes from the Shore. Back when I was a Millwright I used to travel all over the country. Worked in most of your neck of the woods.

Treed, I did some work for wheaton Ind. at flat River Glass, flat river MO. right down the road from you

Dale, I stayed south of you. worked at Upjohn in Kalamazoo and at detroit diesel in, where else, Detroit

Jason, worked for Midland Glass (Anchor Containers?) in Shakopee MN

Nylyon, did work for Big Blue in Webster NY. Man is that a confusing place to find your way around in

Eldon, I worked for GlaxoSmithCline in Marietta PA and of course go to the Little Guys and Wheel Horse Show

It's a shame we didn't have the internet then, could have stopped in and said hi and maybe got a home cooked meal. Man gets tired of restaurants every meal.

T-Mo

Buzz,

Flat River and a few adjoining towns came together and is now Park Hills. Flat River was also a name of a country song from the '60s called Flat River Mo and was sung by Ferlin Huskey who was born in the area.

Buzz

Flat River and a few adjoining towns came together and is now Park Hills.

Park Hills does sound classier. LOL. I went to the Flat River job directly from installing some machinery at Ober-Nestor Glass Co in E. St. Louis IL. Talk about a difference of day and night between the two towns...........

T-Mo

Oh, yes, East St. Louis. There are parts of East St. Louis you don't want to be in, especially at night. East St. Louis has a lot of strip joints, adult book stores, bars, ghetto's, and, well, you get the picture. About the only thing good about East St. Louis is the view you get of the Gateway Arch and the St. Louis skyline, which isn't as impressive as, say Chicago's or New Yorks.

perry

im in auburn hills MI, 48326 .

35 minutes north of detroit. 5 min from I-75 right near the palace arena where the detroit pistons play.

Curmudgeon

Uh, Auburn Hills is WAY closer to Detroit than to me!!! WAY CLOSER! So much so in fact I classify it all as Detroit for distance.

Every once in a great while I pass by the Palace in my job, but never been there. Too much like "city" stuff for this country bumpkin.

Dale

dyt4000

Northeast Fl...the butthole of the state.

WheelHorse_of_course

I grew up in Rockland County. My grandfather had a place in North Salem which is the northernmost part of westchester.

An old lady who's family had been in the area for 200 years told me Brewster was famous because for a long time it was the end of the line for trains direct from NYC. According to Ruth this meant that criminals fleeing from New York frequently ended up in Brewster.

Aaaaaanywaaay... that is how she told it to me.

At my Grandfathers place is where my love of Wheelhorse began. He had a Suburban 500 or 550 that was born in 1961 just like me. My siblings and myself all leanred to drive on that Horse. Grandpop didn't have a mower deck for it, just the red wagon and a drop spreader. But he always had some job for us to do with that tractor.

He did the mowing and other heavy work with his Gravely 2 wheel. The WH was for my Grandma and us kids.

The original Lawson engine was a pain to start, so my Grandmother christened it "the little Bastard". Later it got a new engine and start was never hard at all, but it kept that nickname.

After I grew up my brother and I lived with my grandmother and made an attempt at organic farming (any of you So. CT people remember Titicus Farm produce on Keeler Ln, near the balanced Rock?). We used that little tractor as well as the big JD my brother bought in many ways. In fact, we used it to haul out our farm stand each day for the first 5 years.

I did some work stacking hay for another farmer and in partial barter got my first horse, a 1976 C120 Auto.

When I moved back to Ohio I was going to be living in an apartment and left that horse behind. 2 years ago I decided I wanted another horse so last year I bought a 1969 Charger 12 and this year (partly because the charger was waiting for its replacement engine, but also because it has a round hood like the 550) an 854.

I live near Cleveland OH and my 1/4 acre lots probably does not warrant more tractors :D

nylyon

Well, Brewster is no longer the end of the Harlem line, that pleaure goes to Dover Plains now. North Salem borders Brewster and is the home of many celeb's including David Letterman who sold his New Cannan home several years ago. If those old horses are still in a barn in North Salem, I'm more than willing to go and rescue them :D

Welcome, good to have you here!

WheelHorse_of_course

Karl,

my brother has the Suburban, but I don't know what happened to the C120. I had fixed it up and it worked well at the time I moved so I hope someone is enjoying it. I even rebuilt a spindle without a parts list - just used generic parts!

Funny you should mention Dover Plains. That is where the farm was where I earned the C120.

I remember getting WH parts from a place called Tractor Barn in Bethel. I guess they had been a dealer for years. I wonder if the place still exists. Once I found out that Tor dealers could get WH parts after the buyout, I startedd buying the in Ridgefield.

T-Mo

1/4 acre, 1 acre or 100 acres, there's always enough land for a Horse, Wheel Horse of Course.....oblivious play on a slogan and a member name. :D

Greg B.

Expatriot Michigander, now living outside of Opp, Alabama. I'm a retired qc manager, for a defense contractor, A live steamer and a budding tractor hobbiest.

I also used to live in Clare, Mi.

Greg B.

nylyon

Good to have you here Greg.

Curmudgeon

Expatriot Michigander, now living outside of Opp, Alabama. I'm a retired qc manager, for a defense contractor, A live steamer and a budding tractor hobbiest.

I also used to live in Clare, Mi.

Greg B.

What are the odds of piss ant burg Clare having two members here?!?!!?!?!?!!?

Pretty darn long I'd say!

Dale, born, bred, raised, and getting old, in Clare

kpinnc

Greg, Opp- Alabama? how long have you been there? If you saw one of those orange and white helicopters down there back in 1997, it may have been me :D !

Of course, that was "a previous life" spent at Mother Rucker! I spent 13 months in UCLA (ugliest corner of lower Alabama)! All in all, very nice people down there! Of course, that's about it. :P Nearest Wal-Mart: Dothan.

Just kidding of course. I was just glad to get out of the deep south, back to NORTH Carolina! LOL! :(

I live right outside of Charlotte. Been here for almost 10 years.

Kevin

Greg B.

Dale,

I want to say it was about 1976 - 77. Helluva blizard that winter. I was working over at the Midland nuclear fiasco. I lived in a quadruplex, about two blocks off the main drag. Spent a lot of time and money at the Aardvark hobby shop.

Kevin,

Been here less than a year. Moved here after the insurance insanity, in Florida, trippled my house payment. I'm enjoying the country life and the great people. The pace of life took some adjustment.

The choppers are still here, pounding the air into submission.

I worked a power plant in tobaccoville, NC. Just NW of Winston Salem. Back in the 70s, that was some beautiful country. Too pretty. I imagine it's all condos, now.

Greg B.