Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

Where's everyone from?

kpinnc

Yeah, probably. It's getting pretty hard to find much in the way of pretty land down here. Sometimes you get lucky, but it's pricey!

Kevin

Curmudgeon

Dale,

I want to say it was about 1976 - 77. Helluva blizard that winter. I was working over at the Midland nuclear fiasco. I lived in a quadruplex, about two blocks off the main drag. Spent a lot of time and money at the Aardvark hobby shop.

Greg B.

The Aardvark! NO WAY!!!!!!! Did you just go to the downtown store, or did you visit them when they still worked out of the basement of their house? If you was to the basement, you were less than 2 miles from me.

I spent some money there myself, on headgaskets. Headgaskets? At a hobby store? YUP! I have no idea what the original intent was, but hobbyists use some aluminum foil that's heavier than the standard cooking foil. I'm sure you can figure out the rest. :D

Dale

Greg B.

It was the shop in the basement. I was, and am, a railroad modeler. I work in the ride on scales, now.

The primary reason for the GTs is to build my outdoor railroad.

Greg B.

Curmudgeon

Just around the corner!!! Small world.

Gee, I have an N-scale railroad in the basement. Well sort of, it kind of got delegated to non-use status and now resides on edge under a sheet.

TOO MANY HOBBIES, and Wheel Horses done won out.

Dale

Michcruiser60

ahhhhhhhhh.............Marlo Thomas :D

I can't remember what we were talking about.

Oh yeah...Burton Michigan now I got it. :P Just east of Flint.

T-Mo

ahhhhhhhhh.............Marlo Thomas :(

I can't remember what we were talking about.

Oh yeah...Burton Michigan now I got it. :P Just east of Flint.

Someone's showing his age! :( And just the fact I know who Marlo Thomas is sort of places my age. :D

Nick

I'd say we are in West Central Ohio but some call it NW Ohio. Only an hour drive to the big Portland Indiana show and Swap meets.

Greg,

Ride on scale sounds like something to see when its done. We have went to 4 or 5 full size steam trains so far but missed the 1/4 scale steamer just up from us in Findlay OH. They had the diesel going when we went, Nephew liked it anyway. NWORRP 1/4 Steam The PA national Wheel Horse show isnt far from the Strassburg Railroad and PA Train Museum. Makes a nice trip going to both after going to the show.

Curmudgeon

How did "That Girl" get into this conversation?

Dale

catman81056

Paxton, IL 25 miles north of Champaign on I 57.

nylyon

How did "That Girl" get into this conversation?

Dale

That would be my fault. In the show That Girl was originally from Brewster, NY which is where I live now. Got to be famous for something I guess.

Greg B.

Nick,

This should explain my other hobby.

www.srclry.com

These are some friends, in Battle Creek, Mi

Greg B.

CHARGER9AUTO

I'm in Andover Connecticut which is about 15 miles east of Hartford, our capitol. Its a small, 2 traffic light, one pizza joint kinda town and I love it.

My neighbor got me into Wheel Horse tractors about 6 years ago. I was searchin for a snow-plow for my Agway(MTD) and he showed me his plow setup on his Wheel Horse and explained what would happen to my stamped steel front end and my aluminum trannsmission. So we found a Wheel horse that I would just use to plow and after a couple of storms I was hooked and wanted another just to have a backup...and then another...and then another...well you get the idea.

Mike....9 WH's

Mike, I am in Monson, Massachusetts five minutes away from the Stafford , CT state line. I started collecting Wheel Horse tractors for 10 years my first Horse was an round nose 1964 854 3-Speed I needed another tractor then some more of them you know how it is . Ben.....11WH'S

CasualObserver

Catman... I used to drive/ride through Paxton ALOT... my grandparents used to live just outside of Danforth up by Gilman. I know the area pretty well. I'm originally from around Lincoln. My folks still live there.

TT

Well, now that I found the proper place, I'll have to put me on the map.

Here in Pennsylvania, there's a college football team known as the Penn State Nittany Lions. I don't "do" sports, but some folks can locate State College, PA by the university and their sports teams. I am just over the mountain from State College near a small town called Unionville, PA. If you divide PA in half both directions, you will find me.

MaineDad

New Gloucester, Maine - Home of one the last Shaker Villages in America; One hour south of Sunday River Ski Resort and just Northeast of Sebago Lake.

Not one street light in the town either :D

combatmp29r

Chillicothe OH. About half way between Columbus and the Ohio River on ST RT 23. I'm about 35 minutes from work, and the wife is 7 minutes away. I'l let you guys decide who won out on the house hunting :D

I'm a conductor for Norfolk Southern Railroad, and either wrk the yards in columbus, or take trains from columbus to Cincinnati. Believe it or not it takes us about 12 hours to make the trip by train and 1 1/2 - 2 by car. Needless to say I spend alot of time flipping through manuals or scetching out new project sitting at red lights :P

T-Mo

Joel,

I have to say that sounds like a cool job. My dad retired from the railroad, Missouri Pacific (which I believe was bought up another railroad). So I'm sort of intrigue by trains and the rail system in general.

combatmp29r

Yeah it is very cool. Its every little boys dream cone true :D

Yes MP was bought up by Union Pacific back in the late 80s early 90s. UP is now the largest RR in the US. We are down to 7 class 1 Railroads.

Rod(NASNUT)

Ok I am from Reedsville PA. about 3 in. sw. on Terrys(wh1056) map or 20 miles south of State College PA. :D

pond195520032003

Radcliff, Ohio in between Athens and Jackson off route 32 in s.e. ohio! just buy and trade garden tractors of all kinds :P dont know whats wrong with me :(:D anyway not real close to anything

Suburban 550

Shenandoah, Pennsylvania. About 2 hours east of Gettysburg and around 50 miles north of Reading. Route 54 and Route 924 intersect right in the middle of town.

MEBDRB

Brand new to the site and to tractors in general.......so HELLO!!!!! :P

I guess I am the only westerner at this point. I guess that would explain why I cannot find anymore WH's... :D

T-Mo

Darren,

Welcome to the Red Square. I hope you enjoy the site. I remember seeing your posts on MTF. You just picked up a GT-14, right? Feel free to post pictures.

bowtieguy

Hi..I live in Raymore, MO a (used to be) small town just south of Kansas City...but am retired now and spend alot of my time at the farm near Clinton, MO....got a couple "back 40" fence rows in case ya guys need to hide something (faded red) so your wifeeee doesn't know about it...not many WH dealers left in this part of the country ...but do have a new TORO dealer a couple miles away that just opened his business after working for Toro for several years...doesn't know alot about WH but seems excited when I showed him my WH book signed by Cecil Pond (thanks to B Marion)...at least he knows to call me first when he takes a WH in on trade!!

Fun to look at u guys "storage stuff"...when I learn how to attach pics I'll have to show ya what you can hide on the farm and keep the good stuff inside my new 30x60 all steel insulated horse barn,wheel horse of course!!

Hope to make it to the big show again this year and maybe meet some of you ole faded rednecks..(if ya got a GT-14 on the front porch, ya might be one) :D

T-Mo

Frank,

I'm envious of that new horse barn. Sounds great. I wish I could get the two local Toro dealers here to call me first when something Wheel Horse comes in. :D