Sign in to follow this  
bustedglass

Where did mypost go ???

bustedglass

I started a new topic the other day regarding a WARNING about a photobucket picture of ricky1957 collection. I believe the picture was infected, because my computer went crazy, and became infected with a worm virus that I still dont have fixed :WRS: .

Now I cant find that thread. Mods, jump in here if you can. Where did my post go :thumbs::banghead: .

kajamo240

It was probably deleted since it wasn't the members link that infected you. It was probably just the issue with photobucket.

The member that you are accusing of infecting your computer is a very reputable member here and would not purposely infect anyone's computer.

Remember, you can get any virus/spyware by going to ANY website. Make sure your software is up to date and that you have the most current versions.

sscotsman

The member that you are accusing of infecting your computer is a very reputable member here and would not purposely infect anyone's computer.

The member was never "accused" of anything, by anyone.

photobucket was the only thing accused of doing anything wrong..

A mod said he was going to delete the thread..that is apparently what happened.

the virus probably did in fact come from the member's photobucket link..

thats just a fact..

despite the fact that no one ever blamed the member for doing anything intentionally wrong, some people still felt the member was disparaged in some way..which he really wasnt..but I can see how it could maybe have been interpreted that way..

so a mod deleted the thread because the mod felt it was maybe a bit too "personal"..which was a valid judgement call..end of story..

the original poster could have maybe just given a warning about photobucket in general, without naming names, then just sent a PM to the member with the photobucket link..that would have accomplished the same goal (a virus warning about photobucket) without looking like a personal attack on a member..

which I never thought it was! :thumbs: but still..no need to make it personal I guess..

Scot

kajamo240

The member was never "accused" of anything, by anyone.

photobucket was the only thing accused of doing anything wrong..

Yes, sorry, you're right, I should have double checked my typing/reading. :banghead: He was not accused of any wrong doing. Sorry if I sounded like I was coming off strong or defensive.

What that said, the best thing you can do is make sure that you are protected against virus' and spyware with the most up to date software.

If you need some good free ones, let me know or send me a PM. :thumbs:

bustedglass

I never "ACCUSED" anyone, of anything. Especally rickv1957. A lot of his posts have been very helpful to me, and I have told him so, on more than one occasion.

He is one of the "Premier" collectors here at RS in my opinion.

And Rick, if I offended you, I apologize. I merely was warning you, and others, that your photobucket collection might be infected, and to check into it and be careful.

So, if I ruffled any feathers, TS, and I'm sorry ...........

Rollerman

I'm gonna close this one.

Mike we removed your earlier thread & know you never blamed Rick, but haveing his name along with Warning three times just looked kinda bad.

As others have said viruses can be found or had anywhere on the net.

Hope you get your PC figured out & dewormed.