Sign in to follow this  
Rollerman

Seen this on Yahoo news tonight

combatmp29r

I agree Stephen. I met boyd about 5 years ago through a buddy thats a car nut. This is a huge blow for the custom car world. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

cant hardly believe that :thumbs: :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Thanks for the link to his site Nick.

Stigian

:thumbs: That is a shock :D

Its a great loss to the custom car world :P

For me Boyd's best car was the Alumatub for all the work that went into the hand built body :thumbs:

jas

he did a lot for the car hobby, but people forget how his name was a VERY bad word with a lot of people in the early 90's. His wheel and custom part business went bankrupt, and a LOT of people had a bunch of money invested and lost their collective asses. Not to mention people that had his wheels, and could no longer get replacements. I had a set on a Chevelle and bent one on a pothole. Took me months to find a used one. The bankruptcy thing somehow left him unscathed pretty much.

combatmp29r

There has been alot of bad blood between him and Chip Foose over the years since chip left his shop and struck out on his own. Another item that has just slid off him over the years. Still a great asset to the custom car world gone though.

Nick

It is hard to judge someone from just the show but at times Boyd didnt look to have the best attitude with people. I did enjoy watching the show, kind of like American chopper.

Makes me think of someone else that passed a few years ago, Gary Woodford from Milwaukee iron. I think the show might have been called Southern steel. He was a great down to earth fabricator. He made the show worth watching.

CHARGER9AUTO

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080228/ap_on_...d7FLRdgIcgEtbAF

I'm a little shocked...I was watching one of his discover channel shows as a rerun the other day.

Steve, I think Boyd is :imstupid: because he hires new people every week then fires them . half of his employees quit and they now work for CHIP FOOSE on TLC . Ben