Sign in to follow this  
Coadster32

9 inches of snow

Coadster32

Well the storm came and left us with 9 inches. I geared up the Charger 12, and let-r-rip. My 14 year old nephew was eager to be at the helm. He was hoping to show off to his freinds. I let him loose on it. I followed thu with the 854. Thought I'd share a pic and a video.

Picture003-4.jpg

th_Picture002-4.jpg

rmaynard

Nice to have a helper. We had 14 inches here is MD and I had to do it myself.

Nice video.

Here is my video.

Plowing with the old B-100

Bob in Maryland

Suburban 550

Great video, Chris. :thumbs: Looks like the nephew was having a good time. We ended up with about 5 inches and no one to work the camera. Thanks for sharing. :notworthy:

Sparky

Great pic and video Chris :notworthy: ! Those AG's look like their workin great for ya.

Mike..............

HorseFixer

:notworthy: 9" WTF and all we got was another 2" Dusting :thumbs: Im glad somebodys able to work their equipment! <_

stevasaurus

Great vedios Chris & Bob...what a great storm to start the year...those big smiles may be gone by April. :notworthy:

Coadster32

Nice video Bob. Looks like alot of 3rd gear plowing for you.

Duke-Don't worry, you'll get yours living in Michigan. I'd be itchy too with that machine you modified.

Mike- Tires are great. Can't thank you enough for them. I jack the back of the tractor though, to avoid flat spots. I did get them this year because I was neglecting the tractor while I worked in the bathroom. (yes, dear).

Glad you guys liked the pics and video. I wanted my nephew to take a couple of me, but I couldn't peel him off the seat. It is nice to have the help, so I can't complain.

WHC-125

Chris, great video! Looks like your nephew was having alot of fun. I was out yesterday with my C-145 and I measured 11 inches on my driveway. :notworthy:

Heres a view from my doorstep with the C-145

100_0267.jpg

VinsRJ

:thumbs: 9" WTF and all we got was another 2" Dusting :WRS: Im glad somebodys able to work their equipment! <_<

Thats what happens when you build the "Ultimate Snow Machine". :notworthy:

rmaynard

Nice video Bob. Looks like alot of 3rd gear plowing for you.

Third gear is my gear of choice when plowing. I have a friend in Wisconsin that is a champion tractor puller. He says that pulling is like snow plowing, it's all about momentum.

You may have noticed in the video a trailer sitting to the side. On Sunday, while cleaning up the last of the snow, I got a little too close to the trailer and caught my left knee between the trailer and the lift handle for the blade. This action caused my foot to come off of the clutch, so I could not stop. :notworthy: Glad I was not in 3rd gear at the time.

THANK GOODNESS I DID NOT HURT THE WHEEL HORSE!!!!

The knee however was quite swollen and sore for the rest of the day. No permanent harm done though. My overalls and heavy jeans prevented major damage.

Just goes to prove that even when you are having fun, safety is the key.

Bob in Maryland

rickv1957

Great video,looks like you all had fun!,Rick

bustedglass

Duke, you just bought the best, and most expensive :) insurance policy AGAINST snow, with that snow chucker of yours :notworthy: .

I remember one year about 35 years ago, we got the blizzard of a lifetime. Could'nt buy a snow blower anywhere. I shoveled until I thought I was going to die. Good thing I was young and in shape back then :thumbs: .

Anyway, the next year I bought the biggest snow blower I could find. You guessed it, we never got over 4 inches of snow at any one time after that. I sold that thing about 15 years later. Probably did'nt have over 4 hours run time on it.

So, in closing, buying that snow blower was the best insurance AGAINST snow ... Way to go buddy :WRS:

rwilson

9" WTF and all we got was another 2" Dusting Im glad somebodys able to work their equipment!

It's ok Duke. I got all ready to do the dead and we never saw a single flake. :notworthy:

Buzz

We had 24" of that white crap in South Jersey.:thumbs: There was 4" on the ground when I left for work and at least 18" when I got home 12 hours later. Drifts over 3' deep in the driveway. Did my 856 with plow handle it? Heck no. I relied on the kindness of neighbors. :notworthy: One benefit of being the old man in the neighborhood. Hopefully this was a freak storm, not a preview of things to come.

dgoyette

Ditto to the great videos Chris and Bob. Snow plow videos are so addicting. I hope to get a couple this year to share.

MaineDad

Guys,

This same storm is now backing up into Maine today and tonight. It missed most of the State on the way up the coast, but will get us in a counter-clockwise rotation. Some parts of Maine can get up to 18 inches today.

Buzz - You are only as old as you think. I'm sure 3 foot snow drifts can make anyone feel old.

Coadster32

We had 24" of that white crap in South Jersey

Dam!! 24" is crazy amount of snow. :notworthy: