Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorsestory

Wheel Horse on Ebay 6 year Old w/ Cancer

Cody

I have to say that the people on this forum are truely amazing, all the donations and prayers that have been made is truly wonderful. Seeing everyone coming together to help one very special boy get his wish is remarkable, and shows that everyone on this forum is one big family who cares abouy eachother and would help anyone in their time of need. Max will be in our prayers and thoughts. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Suburban 550

I know everyone on Redsquare may not see eye to eye on alot of different issues, but when push comes to shove we are all here for anyone who needs us. Through all of your generous contributions we may all make a young boy and his family realize that there are alot of people out there that really care. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Max and his family and hope we can make a difference in their lives. A donation has been sent by my wife and I through the mail.

stevasaurus

What a nice family you have there Max...from our family to yours, our prayers and best wishes.. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

rickv1957

Very nice family you have there MAX,have a great holiday and get well soon,Rick :notworthy:

Irv

MERRY CHRISTMAS and we're all looking forward to a GREAT new year for you and your family Max!!!!

tomnunn

Hello Mike, This is Tom, Max's Dad, you have me at a complete loss for words, :banghead: When you bid on Max's tractor and offered to let him keep it if you won, I was set back at your kindness, :thumbs2: you then put up your collectors Wheel Horse lighter with the proceed to benefit Max, that put A great feeling over me with your helping our family and Max, :banghead: and you did not stop there, you started collecting donations on your Wheel Horse Forum to help Max, that again put me at a loss for words and came close to putting tears to my eyes for you have never met our family or Max and I was taken aback at why someone would want to do so much for a family they do not know personally.( when I say almost to tears it is because I refuse to shed any tears till this fight is over, I am saving every tear of sadness and hurt to be used for tears of Joy after Max has become the Victor in his struggle with cancer) And here you are again going way above and beyond anything I could ever imagine on the level of kindness and generosity that someone could give, you are not only offering your prized possessions and time but are rallying many others right behind you, Sometimes it just takes one person to stand up and gather a crowd for a good purpose and that person is you. Max received a Wheel Horse flag in the mail yesterday to put on his new quad from a kind fella who seen one of your auctions, he also received a PayPal gift to fill up his first tank of gas in his new quad, The ball that you have gotten rolling has built up momentum that astonishes me, I am typing while sitting here looking at Max as he sleeps and it is a great comfort knowing there are so many others thinking of him as well. He is one courageous tough kid and to watch him battle on day to day he impresses me more and more each day, When this started nine months or so ago and Max could only squeeze with one hand to reply to questions asked of him and he was using sigh language to ask for things I had the same amount of confidence that he would win this fight as I do now, I did not have a choice in the matter, If I were to have had any doubts he would have known it. He only need to be given the tools to do his job to win his fight,The Doctors have done there jobs, Me and Jodie have done our very best to do ours in going thru something that we have no experience in. we have had some great support of family and friends as well as people who we do not know . What you folks are doing is providing one more tool for Max, :notworthy: He knows he is getting a quad to go home too and that gives him something to look forward to. He has came a long way in a short amount of time from where he was and still has a little more fighting to do and wakes up every day swinging. He will beat this I do not doubt, I am already thinking of what song to put to his victory video while riding his new quad. My hats off to you Mike and all of your friends in the Wheel Horse community. Thank you, :WRS: Thank you, :) Thank you, :banghead: You have truly made a difference and an impact in Max's life. :hide: Kind regards, Best wishes to you all and Merry Christmas,from the Nunn Family, Thank you for not only Joining Team Max but for adding an extra gear, tuning up the carb and resetting the timing. I wanted to take a picture of Max with his new wheel horse flag for you all but he would have had no part of that, he has not had a smile in a couple few days, I believe that will change soon, I am confident I will be posting a new picture of him smiling within a couple of days with a wheel horse flag in the background, I have to go for now, I will get back when I can, Take care, Tom, :thumbs:

nylyon

Tom, all of us here at Red Square look forward to seeing a smile on Max's face too. We are grateful that Mike Martino joined our forum just to let us know about Max, we've been looking for him to join for a while now :notworthy: I have found that the Wheel Horse community is filled with the kindest people, with Red Square having the best of the best, and rallying support for Max is just typical of these guys!

Karl

Raider12

In a world that has so much going wrong, there sure is a whole lot of good right here on this web site. I am proud to be a part of this wonderfull group of people called Red Square.

To Max and your family, may God pour an abundance of blessing on you and may your cup runith over.

From my family to yours, Merry Christmas

We will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Denver and family NE Ohio

tomnunn

Hello, Karl, I know that you are not looking for one but I do want to apoligize :) for my oversite, I was mistaken on who the Admin on the RedSquare fourum was and did not do thorough research, I am sure that you understand that my brain housing group is not running perfectly :notworthy: smooth and focused except for when it comes to Max, Each and every one of you get my gratitude, :thumbs: and I want to thank you personally for your part Karl. :WRS: and I am sure that a picture of Max with a big grin on his face will do the job. He is resting well now after a tough night but I think he will certainly give up a big Smile :banghead: before Christmas. Thank you all from our family and Merry Christmas.

nylyon

Tom, the only thing that matters is Max, which brings me to this post.

I am not going to disclose how much we have collected (yet) but I have to say that I am in awe by your generousity. On Christmas Eve, I will be stopping the collection. If you are interested in donating to Max, earlier in this thread Tom gave his address and e-mail address where donations can be sent.

Here is the latest update from Tom:

Heading down the right road

Posted 10 hours ago

Max had a better day to day, he is still mostly yucky but did feel better than yesterday, he ate some noodles but did not hold them down very long, he still has the poops but less frequent, He is all done with the baths and is resting well on just benadryl and no pain meds. His potassium is quite low and he will get something thru Iv tonight to help that, it is probably because he has not eaten for a few days, He will more than likely get put on TPN, tomorrow to give him nutrients thru IV. He had physical therapy today and even played the wii for a while, I know he is feeling better because he is starting to talk to the staff and tell some stories and is back to barking orders at me, that is a good sign. I am hopeful and optimistic he will continue the current trend in feeling better but still have some caution because of the research about the next week that I looked at and the insight from a few of the staff on the next week possibly going worse due to the high probability of Max developing mucusidas (sores in the mouth and belly), if he does it will be more than uncomfortable for him, But I would also not be surprised if he goes against the statistics and skips that part of the process, he did put on a good amount of weight and is in much better shape now then the first time he had high dose chemo, but it is at a much higher rate now than before. The next three or four days will tell allot. We are going to have his hearing checked to see if he suffered any hearing loss due to the carboplatin chemo as he seems to be saying huh allot more than a usual 6 year old, but he does have tubes and they me just be irritated a bit from the chemo. He will also probably be fitted for some feet braces to help lift his toes up when he walks due to the vincristine chemo, It make him trip over his own toes sometimes. The same drugs that help him live also hurt him in other ways, the feet problem is reversible, the hearing problem if he has suffered a loss is not reversible, and it would mostly affect his lower tones or frequencies from what I understand. Max is sleeping well for a couple hours now and I am certain he will for the night. He is going to get his transplant over two days ending before Christmas He is not out of the woods yet but he is heading in the right direction, and shifting gears.

Tonight I am going to ask a small favor of each and every one of you that are following Max on Care Page or Face book, If you are on Face book I am going to ask you to go to Team Max and go under Max

Doubletrouble

Raider12, I couldn't have said it better. God be with max and his family and help him through the tough times ahead.

nylyon

Christmas is almost here, the lighter and tractor auctions have ended, but the jacket is still available as are several items in our for-sale section whose proceeds are being donated.

JonW

I posted this thread on a couple of WH Yahoo groups. Maybe we can get a few more donations before tomorrow.

Thoughts and prayers to Max and his family.

rmaynard

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been so caught up in what's going on in the world and Washington DC, that it took something like this to bring me back down to earth. While all the politicians are making fools of themselves, trying to wreck our future and our childrens future, there is a small child, 6 years old, that I don't even know, that has made me remember what life, and sharing, and giving, and being a neighbor is all about.

I just recently joined RedSquare, and I don't know any of you any more than I know Max Nunn. But I can tell you that if I were in trouble, I think I could count on you guys for most anything.

That's a good feeling, and I'm glad I found you.

Humbly,

Bob in Maryland

• Heart 1

Wheelhorsestory

Merry Christmas everyone. You have all touched my heart by giving so generously to this young boy who is fighting cancer. Today is the last day to give here on the Red Square Wheel Horse page.I am in awe of each of you. God Bless You, Mike Martino :notworthy:

tomnunn

Hello to everyone on RedSquare, Max is 1/2 way thru his bone marrow transplant, the 2nd 1/2 is today at noon, the doctors call it his new Birthdate becouse with out this transplant he could not live. It is both bitter and sweet that is on Christmas Eve. Max is doing as well as to be expected for the treatment he is going thru, he even wanted to go for a walk last night but we got chased back into the room, he has to stay in the transplant room for several weeks at least. He is still in good spirits,He likes to play jokes on the staff and tell stories.

The difference you have all made for him will not be able to be measured, It is so touching to me and Jodie the kindness you all have shown, as you will read in the message below from the winner of Max's tractor, Max will be keeping his wheel horse and getting the new quad. You kind folks have impacted our family in such a way I cannot put to words. Thank you Red Square, Merry Christmas to all of you. The Nunn Family

From Stu Saslafsky the High bidder on Max's Tractor Dear Max and family, I have sent the money for the tractor. It is my wish that Max keeps the tractor and or gives it to another person of his choice. I wish you the best of luck and keep up your spirits Max.

Your friend in CT. Stu

Mine and Max's Reply

Hello Stu, sorry it took so a while to get back to you, we just finished up with the first 1/2 of transplant, Thank you for your gift to Max, You are an incredibly generous person. What you have done for Max a person could not put a value on, you might as well have given him a million dollars, it is going to make him the happiest 6 year old in the world when he gets his new quad after we get home, we will start looking at models online in the next couple days. I did talk to him about the tractor and he said that he would like to keep it if he can still have the quad and I told him that you said he could, he asked me why you bought it and did not want to take it and I explained to him that you thought he might want to keep them both. That was good enough for him, I am not certain what cought your eye about Max but we certainly do appreciate your generosity, you are a very kind person, will you please send me back your address to I can send you some pictures and write you a letter, an email does not do justice for what you have done for our family. Thank you very much and Merry Christmas to you, Kind regards, Tom, Max, Jodie and Lilly.

- tjnunn

• Heart 1

nylyon

Tom, Thank you for the updates. I think that it is wonderful that Stu has donated both the winnings and the tractor back to Max, it is a very generous offer. It's also nice that Max has decided to keep his little tractor, these things really are special!

Max, Happy New Birthday, we're all thinking of you buddy and it's good that you'll be holding on to that tractor of yours. Best to you today, and remember, tomorrow is Christmas!

RedSquare members, at 6:00pm today, I will no longer be accepting donations through Red Square. Earlier in this thread is the Nunn's address as well as a paypal address and I'm sure they would welcome continued support. Each day, this group amazes me even more, and I know this first hand since I am a recipient of your kindness and generosity, and that is something that never gets forgotten!

fireman

Donation Sent!

Karl,

As usual you are doing a fantastic job! Your dedication to this site and our hobby is incredible. What you have done for Max by allowing his story to be told and followed here on Red Square has renewed my hope for mankind.

Mike Martino,

Thank You for stepping up to the plate and offering your personal momentos from Cecil. We are planning another CT meet and greet in the spring and would be honored if you would attend.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone here on Redsquare.

Jeff

bitten

As someone that also has been following Max's story closely I have to say that I'm very proud of you guys and gals. When I joined Red Square I was just hoping for wheel horse info, but I have gained so much more then that. Thank You.

A BIG HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL OF YOU AND YOURS.

P.J.

• Heart 1

Doubletrouble

I'm not one to get over emotional about many things but the collective effort put forth by everyone here has brought an unsuspected tear to my eye. I hope max and family will be able to keep in touch with us through our little peice of the net here on redsquare and possibly in the future, when max is able, attend one of the near by gatherings. If that,s possible Mr.Nunn let us know in advance. I'm sure many of us would travel to meet max and the rest of you as well. Of course we all would love to see his tractor. :notworthy:

Ken B

Donation sent!

Be well Max and Merry Christmas!

JonW

Donation Sent also.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Tomorrow when you are home with your Family opening presents, take a minute to say a prayer for Max an his family.

nylyon

Please no more donations

I am collecting the donations and will be sending them along shortly. I am also locking this thread, moving to the general area and will start a new one shortly.