Sign in to follow this  
Wheelhorsestory

Wheel Horse on Ebay 6 year Old w/ Cancer

Wheelhorsestory

Hi Wheel Horse Fans,

There is a Wheel Horse tractor on Ebay. A six year old boy who has cancer is selling it in order to get a quad. I have placed two bids on the tractor and told the boy he could keep it if I win. I challenge each of you to drive up the bid for this young boy. It is the perfect time of year to do so.

Thanks, Mike Martino :notworthy:

nylyon

We normally don't allow posts to auctions other than the owners. This however qualifies as an exception. The link to the auction is here.

I hope that Max gets his wish, there isn't a 6 year old who deserves what Max is going through.

Raider12

Unfortunitly, I cannot help drive up the bid in fear of winning! BUT! I am willing to contribute to this cause if there is a way I can do this. Maybe there is a way Red Square can set something up so anyone able to contribute to this cause can? Maybe there is more to that I idea that I realize, I just thought I would throw it out there?

Denver

nylyon

From now until Christmas, any funds collected throught the donate button (Main page down at the bottom used to donate to chat) I will forward to Max

note: This assumes I am able to contact Max's parents to forward the funds. In the event I am unable to contact, I will send back any donations made to this cause.

• Heart 1

CasualObserver

Karl, something's wrong with the button in your post.

If anyone wants to donate to this cause... even a tiny amount, the 'Donate' button on the bottom left of the main forum home page works.

nylyon

Thanks Jason, I fixed my post.

bitten

This sounds like a great idea. I had read the story yesterday and had wished that I could do something. Way to go Red Square.

Mike

Hello and :notworthy:

Is there an A and Jr. in your name?

Duff

From now until Christmas, any funds collected throught the donate button (Main page down at the bottom used to donate to chat) I will forward to Max

note: This assumes I am able to contact Max's parents to forward the funds.

Buzz

I'm at work and can't get on ebay so I'm unable to see the ad but it seems a worthwhile cause to donate to.... if it's legit. Is there any way to check out the story? This time of year with it's feeling of good cheer brings out all types of scams. :notworthy: Like I say, I can't see the ad so not sure how it is. Just remember, with the world-wide access to that ad, they could possibly have tens of thousands of dollars donated. Think about it, check it out, then donate. If it's legit, I'll donate also, I'm just playing the Devil's advocate.

rickv1957

I agree with Buzz,if that is a legit deal,I would be happy to donate,Rick

nylyon

All, I have heard back from Tom, Max's Dad. First, I completely understand the apprehension regarding the legitimacy of this, so I have done the checking for you, and please be assured that Max is real and he is undergoing treatments which no one should ever have to, especially at his age.

For those who have donated already, Thank You. Hopefully Max will get his ATV and keep riding his Wheel Horse. Here is the note Tom sent to me:

Thank you for posting Max's Page, I appreciate it allot, I will get by and look at it after we get all settled into our room, I told Jodie (Max's Mom)of the site as well and she will look at it too, Max is doing good, it was a tough afternoon, the first thing he got when he got here today was a Foley(pee tube) the morphine didn't quite cut it, he is settled in watching a movie now and relaxing. He is on day one of a 140 days of quarantine and will be feeling quite ill after a few days of the chemo. He is a trooper though and will come thru it like a pro. I will tell him about what you folks are doing for him tomorrow as well, Thanky you very much and kind regards, Tom

- tjnunn

Again, all donations made to RS between now and Christmas will be sent to Max.

Karl

tomnunn

Hello Karl, I don't know what to say, you folks are wonderful and caring, the support you are offering Max is not only needed but is very much appreciated, I am a self employed building contractor and have worked very little since March when this began with Max's diagnosis, My wife (Jodie) works for the school system and is using as little of the family medical leave act as possible because it is unpaid, therefore I spend the majority of the time with Max at the hospital. Some dear friends held a benefit for us early on which save us from losing our home and Jodie continues to find grants and services to help with bills, We also have a 9 year old daughter ( Lilly ) she takes care of between everything else. we are not only 1/2 way into this fight yet, and have a long way to go and any help that you are able to give to our family will be much appreciated, It is humbling to accept help but is necessary as we always want to be able to take Max home when we leave the hospital, it is the one thing that is normal to him and comforting to be in his own surroundings. I will get Max on your site to watch the tractor race after he wakes up today, I am sure he will like to watch the race, He only has a couple of more days before the high dose chemo starts that will surely make him feel to ill to enjoy much for a couple of weeks, My paypal address is tjnunn@tucker-usa.com and our home address is below, Thank you and kind regards, Tom

Max Nunn (he likes getting mail)

4800 230th ave

Morley, Mi 49336

16465_102284866465036_100000505696041_58333_949673_n.jpg

Doubletrouble

I hope no one minds but I sent the link to his auction to the radio show Bob and Tom. I listen to them every morning on my way home from work and I've heard them read similar stories before so maybe they will read this one also and get some more kind hearted people involved to help this young man out.

nylyon

We're up to $90, it's a good start.

nylyon

UPDATE

I just got an e-mail from Mike Martino, here is an excerpt from it:

Please inform all the Wheel Horse Fans that we have a chance to make a big difference in a child's life. That is far more important than tractors. I know Cecil would agree. I am proud to be associated with these fine Wheel Horse Fans!

I am also willing to put something very special on Ebay with 100% of the proceeds going to Max. if you can help me spread the word. I have a brand new in the box Wheel Horse Desk lighter that Cecil kept on his desk during the 1950s' I will start the bids at $250.00. I'll put it on Ebay tonight.

Thanks and Merry Christmas,

Mike

Now that is a piece to own!

tomnunn

You folks have me in awe, I dont know what to say except for Thank you from the bottom of my heart, What you all are doing means so much more than the funds that you are raising, it helps me and Jodie so much just knowing that their are so many people that care for Max, and keeps us in a positive frame of mind, you are all wonderfull and we thank you for your kindness, Kindness that it sure to spread to others, it really makes my day knowing that people who have never met Max can care so much for him. he is sleeping well right now and I will be showing him the site when he wakes up. Take care, Tom

sodbuster

:notworthy: max you have to keep your spirits high!! I have been in and out of the hospital multiple times in the last few years!! you will probably have hours of physical therapy as.did I.just remember that all you are going through now,will make you a stronger individual!! If I could contribute,believe me,I would!! I am going to email your story to the local news and hopefully your story will get more publicity to help with bills. GOOD LUCK MAX!!! KEEP US POSTED ON YOUR PROGRESS!!!! YOU ARE IN OUR PRAYERS!!! :thumbs:

nylyon

$190, you guys really are the best!

gwgdog66

:notworthy: Donation made.

nylyon

We have received over $300 in donations. If you haven't had the chance to get to Max's Hospital Page, here is an excerpt from the last update:

Tom said:
Sorry but this is going to be a long update as there are a few other things I would like to mention, This is a touching story, and it is nice to talk about things that make us feel good instead of all of the cancer stuff, Max decided he wanted to sell his wheel horse to get another quad as we sold his last one due to it needing to much in repairs.I put the tractor on eBay and explained the story behind it and a nice fella name Mike bid it up to 500 dollars right off the bat and sent me a message stating that if he won the tractor that he would not want it and to give it back to Max or sell it or whatever we like, That opening bid is already more than I thought it would sell for, Then either Mike or one of his fellow wheel horse collector's put the a link on their website and they started a collection of donations and are now making plans to auction another items for Max, The tractor auction ends on the 23rd and if it is Mike that wins the tractor we have talked about giving the tractor to another child at the hospital who would enjoy it, That would Make another child very happy to get that shiny red tractor. The auction is also set up to give 10% to cancer research so it will help in yet another way, the gift that keeps on giving.I will post a link to the wheel horse site for anyone wanting to take a look there as well, There is a wheel horse race me and Max are going to watch after he is done napping.

:notworthy:

• Heart 1

truckin88

how do we donate through redsquare

nylyon

Same as for chat, on the main forum page, scroll down to the bottom and there is a yellow donate for Red Square chat button. I am using that for Max.

Vgable

I just wanted to drop by and say thankyou so much for what you guys are doing for Max. Max is my cousin. I get the daily updates from my cousin Tom (Max's Dad) and I have seen the email this morning in regards to your contribution. I have read this forum for Max and I guess I wanted to Validate Tom and Max is all. I definently understand there could be hesitations. But believe me that Max is real and Max's fight with cancer is real. In my amazment people outside of our family do care for Max, and that is an awesome thing. Definetly if you get a chance to check out Max's care pages or facebook, please do. Max is a great kid and a fantastic fighter. I was able to see him about two weeks ago at a get together for him for the xmas season, before his admittance to the clinic. So I guess I just want to thank you all for your part in helping Max fight this battle. "Team Max" is the best team I've been apart of. Keep him in your prayers and thoughts. I will keep the redSquare Team in my prayers as well for the ebay auction and the lighter, how cool is that. Thanks guys