Sign in to follow this  
Prater

Freight Shipping

Prater

Just curious on freight shipping. Who do you use and how have the rates been?

Thanks

Steven

GlenPettit

Freight Shipping rates are 'all-over-the-place'. Different truck lines have terminals at different places all over the country, and they partner with some other companies, and not some. Some times you might drive 20-30-40 miles to a further distant terminal and save a lot, some trucks will drive thru a State but have no terminals in it. All you can do is call and keep checking around, or find someone that ships/receives a lot of small loads to see what they do, a tractor may cost $500 to ship 1,000 miles with several transfers, or terminal to terminal for $150, post a "anyone driving near" message (may take a few months, but you never know, a lot of this happens in June). Good Luck

Nick

There is a free site called www.uship.com that allows you to post what needs shipped then LTL haulers give bids on the hauling it. You can also put in a price you would like to get near or will accept.

There is a site that Ebay recommends but cant think of the link.

can whlvr

i have used ups ground and it may cost a wee bit more than some others but i got great service and really fast,i live in ontario canada and bought parts from a member here and he is in kentucky,it cost me 100 dollars to get a complete rearend,which is heavy and bulky,not too bad for me,the dealer wanted 380 for an axle,i also needed the axle gear,clip and pinions,for 200 i got a rear end,sounds like alot to some,we dont have a lot of part tractors up here

rickv1957

I use U ship.com they moved a D200 900 miles for 375.00 thats fair,Rick