Sign in to follow this  
TT

Ebay fee increase effective today,,,,

TT

I don't sell enough on there to suffer the hit that some sellers will be taking over this latest increase, nor do I appreciate the new "mess" they have made while trying to find certain categories and items. :wtf:

I have already e-mailed them bitching about the old "If it ain't broke -- don't fix it" motto some of us work by and what they have done to the site. :imstupid:

All of my favorite searches that I saved no longer function, and sometimes their site crawls like a frozen turtle. That's real helpful when your trying to fight over an item near the end of an auction. I "lost" three items in the last two days because of refresh problems and loading speed. :thumbs: (I even tried a second computer to rule out problems with mine.)

Anyone else having problems? Anyone else hate the new-style category search?

What do you think...... plaster them with a load of e-mails so they WAKE UP, or should we just detonate a couple of ANFO tankers at the San Andreas fault? :thumbs:

kj4kicks

TT, The battle between :imstupid: ebay and the sellers has been raging for years. If you want some good reading, check out their community forums. I was a power seller for a very long time (6000+ FB), and their increase 1 1/2 years ago pushed me over the edge. That's when I opened my own website. For what I was paying ebay every month, I can run my site for over a year ! With Google searches, etc. , my sales numbers never really changed. LEAVING ebay was probably the best business decision I ever made!

It's funny how they try to pass off the numbers. To them, going from 5.25% to 8.75% means an increase of 3.5%. Truth is, they are now collecting nearly 30% more in FVF's. :thumbs:

Rant over.....

Nick

I dont search by category but hate that they now bring up a screen showing categorys rather than just showing my search results. For most searches on large items I limit the distance to cut down on the results. Noticed they did start trying to push not using a reserve in auction and I cant find a way not to use the shipping calculator short of local pickup or flat rate shipping. The last auctions I listed also kept listing as Paypal required when I didnt add that to the auction. The ebay fee is enough but then add paypal fees on top of that. :thumbs: Didnt read the new fee increase yet but it has been hard to move anything locally for the price and speed it goes for on ebay.

Nick in Ohio

pond195520032003

i sell alot on ebay, and i cant hardly afford the insreases all the time! they make more money off my items than i do! :D whats up with that :D paypal is owned by ebay, can you say double dipping :P:thumbs: cant find a dam job around here so this is the only income i have and some of the bidders lately, have bid my items in and then no contact after that :P ebay dose'nt care at all :P if you use paypal they charge the seller, but not the buyer :thumbs: another thing, i always add postal money order, paypal or cash to my accepted payment, but some bidders never pay any attention and send something else :D this is enough for me

kj4kicks

Hi Guys, Hope you don't mind me posting this here. Below is the rate chart from ebay. Notice how excited they are about the new lower listing fees (complete with exclamation marks). The new FVF fees are below, highlighted in red.

To see it in it's true chart form, go HERE

Basic Fees

Unless otherwise indicated, all changes will be effective February 20, 2008, and will apply to listings on www.ebaymotors.com (Parts & Accessories only).

Insertion Fees

The insertion fee for Auction-style and Fixed Price listings will be reduced as indicated in the chart below. Also, all listings will now include the Gallery picture feature for free!

Insertion Fees for Auction-style listings

Starting or Reserve Price Current Insertion Fee Insertion Fee (effective 02/20/2008) Insertion Fee (Books, Music, DVDs & Movies, and Video Games)* effective 02/20/2008

$0.01 - $0.99 $0.20 $0.15 Lower fee! $0.10 Lower fee!

$1.00 - $9.99 $0.40 $0.35 Lower fee! $0.25 Lower fee!

$10.00 - $24.99 $0.60 $0.55 Lower fee! $0.35 Lower fee!

$25.00 - $49.99 $1.20 $1.00 Lower fee! $1.00 Lower fee!

$50.00 - $199.99 $2.40 $2.00 Lower fee! $2.00 Lower fee!

$200.00 - $499.99 $3.60 $3.00 Lower fee! $3.00 Lower fee!

$500.00 or more $4.80 $4.00 Lower fee! $4.00 Lower fee!

Insertion Fees for Store Inventory listings

Starting or Reserve Price Current Insertion Fee Insertion Fee (effective 02/20/2008)

$0.01 - $0.99 $0.05 N/A

$1.00 - $24.99 $0.05 $0.03 Lower fee!

$25.00 - $199.99 $0.10 $0.05 Lower fee!

Above $200.00 $0.10 $0.10

Starting Price: Fixed Price, Store Inventory, and Buy It Now

The "N/A" in the charts above reflects a new minimum start price for Fixed Price listings, Store Inventory listings and the Buy It Now feature. Store Inventory and Fixed Price listings must have a starting price of at least $1.00. The Buy It Now feature, which can be added to Auction-style listings, must also have a minimum Buy It Now price of at least $1.00.

Gallery Feature Fee

The Gallery picture feature fee for all listings will be free as indicated in the chart below. Unless otherwise indicated, all changes will be applicable to listings on www.ebaymotors.com (Parts & Accessories only).

Gallery Feature Fees

Starting or Reserve Price Current Gallery Fee Gallery Fee (effective 02/20/2008)

Auction-style Listings $0.35 FREE

Fixed Price Listings $0.35 FREE

Store Inventory Listings $0.01 FREE

Classified Ads Variable FREE

PowerSeller Discounts

Get up to 15% discount on Final Value Fees (or Transaction Service Fees) when you maintain high detailed seller ratings (DSRs) as a US or Canadian PowerSeller on your eBay.com, eBay Motors and eBay.ca sales. These discounts recognize and reward sellers who consistently provide excellent customer service on eBay.

Final Value Fees THIS IS WHERE THEY GET YOU- NEW RATES IN RED.

The Final Value Fees will be revised per the table below.

Final Value Fees for Auction-style and Fixed Price listings

Closing Price Final Value Fee Final Value Fee (effective 02/20/2008)

Item not sold No fee No change

$0.01-$25.00 5.25% of the closing value 8.75% of the closing value

$25.01 - $1,000.00 5.25% of the initial $25.00, plus 3.25% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00) 8.75% of the initial $25.00, plus 3.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $1,000.00)

Over $1,000.01 5.25% of the initial $25.00, plus 3.25% of the initial $25.00 - $1,000.00 plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value) 8.75% of the initial $25.00, plus 3.50% of the initial $25.00 - $1,000.00 plus 1.50% of the remaining closing value balance ($1,000.01 - closing value)

Final Value Fees for Store Inventory listings

Closing Price Final Value Fee Final Value Fee (effective 02/20/2008)

Item not sold No fee No change

$0.01-$25.00 10.00% of the closing value 12.00% of the closing value

$25.01 - $100.00 10.00% of the initial $25.00, plus 7.00% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $100.00) 12.00% of the initial $25.00, plus 8.00% of the remaining closing value balance ($25.01 to $100.00)

$100.01-$1000.00 10.00% of the initial $25.00, plus 7.00% of the initial $25.01 - $100.00, plus 5.00% of the remaining closing value balance $100.01 - $1,000.00 12.00% of the initial $25.00, plus 8.00% of the initial $25.01 - $100.00, plus 4.00% of the remaining closing value balance $100.01 - $1,000.00

Over $1,000.01 10.00% of the initial $25.00, plus 7.00% of the initial US$25.01 - $100.00, plus 5.00% of the initial $100.01 $1,000.00, plus 3.00% of the remaining closing value balance 12.00% of the initial $25.00, plus 8.00% of the initial $25.01 - $100.00, plus 4.00% of the initial $100.01 - $1,000.00, plus 2.00% of the remaining closing value balance

CasualObserver

I hadn't paid attention to the notice... but sheesh... that means the FVF is nearly doubling?!?! :thumbs: On the other hand guys... we can cash in on this too.... start buying ebay stock... they're going to start posting record profits after this. What a clusterf$%# !!

wesley

The word that comes to mind is greed dont tend to use them now any way.

wes

TT

Gee..... the word that comes to my mind is SODOMY, not greed. :thumbs:

Jim_M

All good things must end....and it seems to me that greed ends a lot of them.

We used to have the headquarters for IH trucks right here in Fort Wayne. Every time you drove by there somebody was walking around with a picket sign, next thing you know, they moved it all to Springfield Ohio. Now it's just a bunch of empty run down buildings.

One of these days when eBay is busy counting their money, somebody is going to start up a lower cost auction site, and they won't even notice until it's too late.

whchris

now you guys just gave me an idea for a new web site but id have to get karl behind it like this site

Jim_M

You guys might find this interesting. The title of the article is "eBay Pays"

It should have been "eBay sellers pay, eBay gets all the glory".

Stolen antiques and collectibles are often sold on eBay. But we hear complaints from our readers each week that the folks at fraud@ebay.com are very slow to respond. Often the sale is over before anyone checks to see if it is legal. Last week eBay, while admitting no liability in the sale of stolen artifacts, agreed to offer buyers the amount they paid to get some stolen documents back. For over six years, a 30-year employee at the New York State Archives took hundreds of documents dating back to the Civil War, then sold them online. He said he used the money to pay off his daughter's credit cards. The buyers did not know they were stolen and do not face criminal charges. The government could just confiscate the documents and the buyers would lose their money. But Ebay estimates the papers sold for a total of $68,000 which it will pay.