Sign in to follow this  
CasualObserver

Lincoln auction report

CasualObserver

I've been asked to post something about the Lincoln auction. So a few of you know I am from Lincoln, IL. The original owner of the Lincoln Radiator shop has been a family friend since he and my grandfather were kids. After having the shop for sale for a few years, he finally sold out the inventory last year to a kid who moved it all a few blocks and tried to make a go of it in his own shop. Tough times brought it to auction on Saturday... Halloween.

Of course with those tough time I mentioned, I didn't have a whole lot of scratch to go to the auction with, but I was determined to find some goodies. I won't bore you all with the whole list... just a couple of the highlights.

Wheel Horse blade wrenches.

loot004.jpg

NOS PTO-66 (some scratches and shelf wear, but it's never seen a tractor)

loot001.jpg

loot002.jpg

loot003.jpg

A big old pile of hub caps. Mostly 12" rears, 8 of them are the 60s horsehead ones, 4 are just plain moons. I did get one pair of moon 8" and one pair of moon 4" for a Lawn Ranger though. Oh... and one plastic silver emblem one, and one plastic gold emblem one.

loot005.jpg

Two section cultivator (rear section is NOS) Would like to get one pair of standards and clamps to complete this if anyone has extras... also need all 7 shovels.

loot008.jpg

The last goody I didn't get a picture of, and don't have home yet. I got the dealership sign that I grew up looking at!!! yay.gif The same style sign as the Tysons one that traded hands a few weeks back. Not in as nice of shape. One side is severely sun washed... it hung on the west side of a brick building for probably 40 years or more. Both sides have some cracks, but I don't care, it can be repaired well enough to my liking. Besides, it's not everyday you can say you now own the light box from your home town dealer!

Edit: 

Got my BIL to take and send me a couple pics of the sign... here it is. The broken side has the two pieces that fill the hole laying inside. I'm thinking I'll take the shell out, get a sheet of plexiglass and line it, then clean the edges and super glue them back in. The bleached out side may get a new coat of paint when I figure out how to do it and what stuff to use.

sign2.jpg

sign1.jpg

Brrly1

Jason, This is a very sad moment for me to report this, the story I wa told is there was also a scrap dealer there and from what I heard it sounded like him an the auctioneer had a setup going on. I heard that he ended up with a dumpster about 3/4 full which is very sad. I heard GT14 hoods getting pitched one after another and just a ton of parts hayrack after hayrack. There was afriend from Indiana over at the auction and this is the report we got back from him this weekend at Wapakoneta. Sorry to be the one to report this back to you. See Ya, Bye Burly

:notworthy:

rickv1957

Looks like you get some nice pieces from the auction, :notworthy:,Rick

CasualObserver

Thanks Rick... :thumbs: There was a lot of good stuff there... I barely scratched at it.

John... Thought maybe I'd see you there, was a little surprised not to. I have no doubt that many good parts and pieces have been scrapped in the last two weeks.:notworthy: Unfortunately there's just wasn't enough money to save it all... particularly not in my pocket!

That auctioneer isn't on my "happy" list anyway.... When registering, I noticed the sign that said "5% Buyers Premium".... I hate sales with Buyer's Premiums.... you're charging me to spend my money.... it's robbery. Especially when you're not taking credit cards as a payment form. At least then, I can sort of understand that you're trying to cover your overhead costs.... But I drove all that way... I wasn't wasting the trip. You can bet that I won't go to another one of his auctions though.

rickv1957

Jason,I did save a couple of Ds from Lincoln a while back,one was a nice 18 auto and one for parts,then heard about auction but not enough time,Rick

stevasaurus

thanks Jason...I wanted to go to that one. If you hear of anymore let me know please. :notworthy: