Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Status of the Mrs.

CasualObserver

Joel... Still praying for you and Mrs. Joel..... but as for you and the kids... "better living through modern chemistry" that's what doctors are for! Hope you and the little ones are feeling better today.

combatmp29r

Al, and Jason thanks. The Doc report for the kids and I? FLU!!!!!!! Gave me scrips fro some good drugs for the kids. For me he said you've had it over 24 hours sorry buy some mucinex and cloraseptic :thumbs: I'm starting to think He was an Army Doc. No 800mg Iboprofin though Army gives that out for everything. So we will all be better soon :thumbs:

Sparky

You know Joel, in all your posts on this topic you're never bitter or pointing the finger of blame at anyone. I think with your positive outlook and good attitude all will be good at the "Verticle Ranch" soon.

Mike.........

kpinnc

Joel,

I know everyone else has already said this, but I believe in prayers, and specifically the power of lots of people praying for someone. I hope and pray your wife, all your children, you and your father are blessed.

My wife and I call my 3 year old our "miracle baby". I won't bore you with it now, but ask me some time and I'll give you a great story about how God takes care of His babies!

Sounds like you're under alot of stress, too! Try to take it easy as much as you can as well.

Kevin

combatmp29r

Mike I learned along time ago that getting bitter just makes things worse. My wife believes strongly in the whole Karma thing. If you give off bad Karma it comes back to bite you. Vertical Ranch I like it MIke :thumbs:

Kevin when things settle down alittle I'll definately want to here about it. Always good to hear when prayers have down what they needed to.

Ok a current status on the wife. I would have posted this last night, but I was seeing red about it and back to the Karma thing knew it wasn't the time to write it down. While the kids and I were at doc yesterday morn OSU released the wife to come home. After poking and proding her for about 24 hours they decided that basically she was not high risk enough for their time, and snet her home to suffer somemore. Now ofcourse our Docs hands are tied. The OSU doc asked her and her mom multiple times well can't your doctor deliver this baby? If he had the facilities to deliver at this point he wouldn't have sent us to them. So I am very unimpressed with OSU's parinatal unit. If I had typed this last night you all would have realized I was loaded for bear at the time. So Nan is Home and resting in bed on vicadon and uhhhh yeah that other pain killer that won't harm the baby :D She is looking at about 17 more days of this until our local Hospital can do a C section and deliver the baby. The thing that agrivates me the most about OSU is that she has had 3 ultra sounds the last being on the 15th confirming the condition that stops here from delivering normal. OSU did an ultrasound yesterday morning, said nope that condition doesn't exista and discharged her within an hour. Our Doc is livid over it, because he did the one on the 15th himself and says there is no way that it could correct itself in that short of a time. So we are back to square one :P

Again guys thanks for all the support and prayers. Its what keeps me moving everyday and looking forward on this. I will update you guys as I know more. She goes back to the doc mid next week and gets another ultrasound, so we'll see who's right :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Oh yeah I wanted to ask too who was in the shop while I've been busy and sick? Poked my head in there for the 1st time this morn in a few days. I know I didn't make that mess :thumbs: Ok some one own up to it :thumbs::D :P

Jim_M

Oh yeah I wanted to ask too who was in the shop while I've been busy and sick? Poked my head in there for the 1st time this morn in a few days. I know I didn't make that mess :thumbs: Ok some one own up to it :thumbs::D:P

Joel,

I hope you find him, the S.O.B. was at my place too!

Jim

Kelly

That S.O.B cleaned my place, he's like santa you have to leave him a snack. or a couple of tractor parts. But now I can't find were he put anything?

Joel, Hold your head up, Karma is on your side, and so are We, The Redsquare gang, your second family.

combatmp29r

Thanks Kelly. I know it can only get better in the end. Cleaned huh? Hmmm musta been the rabid coon that got him worked up here. :thumbs:

pond195520032003

I think that same S.O.B. has been here as their is tractors everywhere :thumbs::D :thumbs:

69DEZ

Joel, prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family. I think the person or persons that made the mess in your shop is the same MF that plants dandelions in my yard every year!!! :thumbs:

69DEZ

:thumbs: :thumbs::D :P

combatmp29r

I hate them dandelion planters. My kids are the culprits here though. Every one in the neighborhood gets picked and blown in our yard :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Guys you just have to embrace the dandelions. And then embrace the 2-4-D! I don't ever have dandelions... but crabgrass and I are mortal enemies. farmer.gif

Buzz

Guys you just have to embrace the dandelions. And then embrace the 2-4-D! I don't ever have dandelions... but crabgrass and I are mortal enemies. farmer.gif

Vineland NJ is the Dandelion capital of the world. Farmers raise them for salad greens and we have an annual dandelion dinner/festival. Farmer down the road planted several acres every year until he sold the farm to a developer and they started growing houses..........Darn I wish we had the dandelions back :thumbs: , less traffic, noise and trouble

T-Mo

Joel,

I just got back to catching up on this thread. I was hoping for some good news, but.... Like Kevin, I believe that God answers prayers. And I also admire your restraint over the OSU's actions. As far as I'm concerned, that sort of altitude on their part isn't acceptable. Maybe that OSU doctor would think different if that was his wife, his baby, that was in this condition. I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

combatmp29r

Thanks Terry. I couldn't believe the lack of regard for Nans pain there. They were worried about the condition of the baby and didn't care about the condition of the mother. One can't survive without the other unless i missed something somewhere. I'll keep everyone informed as I know more.

Kelly

Joel, I don't want to be nosey but how is your wife doing? My wife was asking if I have heard any more. So I was just checking, I guess no news is good news.

combatmp29r

Thanks for asking Kelly. As far as I'm concerned your not being nosey. She goes to the Doc tomorrow, so I'll have more to add tomorrow evening. As of right now she's living off 2 vicadon every 4 hours. She says that puts her constant pain at a about a 5 out of 10. I will add that she's no wuss when it comes to pain either. 16 years in the army and 5 combat tours I'm sure has had some to do with that. So when shes in pain she's in pain. Thanks again for the concern guys and I'll let everyone know what the doc says tomorrow.

CasualObserver

Joel, it's been two days... how are things? :thumbs:

CasualObserver

Three more days... and I saw you just mentioned in another post "when the baby comes..." How are things?

combatmp29r

Sorry I was hoping to have more to add, but I guess no news is good news. She is scheduled for an ultrasound tomorrow morning at 7am. This will make the final determination on delivery style, and the doctor plans to set a date for the C section/induction after he has ithe results. So I would hopethat I know more tomorrow afternoon, but the Docs never seem to move at the speed you would like. Nan has been in alot of pain the last couple days, and hasn't been out of bed much since Joey's birthday party on Sat. So this has to come to an end soon. I'm handling all the cleaning and stuff she normally does, and lets just say I'm not up to her caliber. Why is it easier to build a tractor from scratch than keep a house running????? :thumbs::thumbs: :D

perry

I'm handling all the cleaning and stuff she normally does, and lets just say I'm not up to her caliber. Why is it easier to build a tractor from scratch than keep a house running????? :thumbs::thumbs::D

hang in there bud and give us a update when you can.

combatmp29r

OK the ultrasound found the same condition that she was told she had 8 weeks ago. You know the one OSU said she didn't have. We go to the doc tomorrow and sit down with the surgeon to schedule the C-section. Her doc said it will probably be Monday. So there is an end in sight. I will let you guys know more after the appointment tomorrow.

T-Mo

Joel,

My prayers are still going out to you, your wife, and the baby. I pray everything goes okay Monday for everyone. Keep us informed (that's is when you can - I know your priorities will be elsewhere).