Sign in to follow this  
combatmp29r

Status of the Mrs.

combatmp29r

OK first off I want to thank all the guys that I talk to also off of here that have asked about the Mrs. Your concern means alot. For those of you saying :thumbs: I'll elaborate. My wife is just at the 7 1/2 month mark of her pregnancy. She has been having some major complications for the past month atleaste, and has been in the hospital 3 times now because of it. I'm not going to gross everyone out with major details, but she has a complication that keeps the baby from being delivered normally. It also means that if she goes into normal labor she could start to bleed and bleed out in under 6 minutes :P

The baby on top of that is laying on some of her bodies natural tubing, and has actually restricted the flow from her kidneys to her bladder. Thats why she was in the hospital at the end of last week. They surgically inserted some plastic tubing to keep the baby from pinching off the needed items. Well the Doc today sid its not working like they had hoped :thumbs:

Tomorrow we go to The OSU medical center to their high risk pregnancy unit to have a test doen to see if the baby can breath on its own yet. They pushed 2 doses of steroids 2 weeks ago to help it develope alittle quicker. So my wife will probably be testifying before a congressional comitty that yes she took growth hormones :D Any how, if the test shows that the baby is developed enough, we go across town to OSUs Neonatal intensive care unit and they will deliver the baby with in the hour. If not she will be admitted to the NICU and will stay ther until the baby is developed enough.

The good side to this, my wifes escrutiating pain (and mine :D ) will end and the kidney damage will fix itself at this point. The bad side the baby will be 6 weekd early and runs a high risk for lung issues down the roadsuch as asthma.

So thank you agian for everyones concern, and if I'm not very active for the next few days don't worry and no need for a milk carton :P Oh and if anybody absolutely has to get ahold of me (like you found the vertical shaft deal of the century LOL) TT has my numbers and can reach me. Thanks Guys

Sorry about the book

CasualObserver

Your in my thoughts and prayers Joel, keep us posted.

combatmp29r

Thanks Jason I will.

pond195520032003

Joel, are thoughts and praying.gif are with you and your wife :thumbs: your tractors will be with us, i mean will be ok :D :thumbs:

wesley

Hi joel, well we are thinking of the three of you this side of the pond, please keep us posted, you take good care.

regards wes

combatmp29r

Greg and Wes, I appriciate all the support and prayers. Man Greg now I gotta sound the red alert before leaving in the morning. Tie out the dogs, hook the 220 wires back up to the tractors (just for you Duane I'll hook it to the 3 phase :thumbs: ) and let the rabid coon loose in the shed. He hasn't been out in awhile should be good for him :thumbs:

Buzz

Joel, i just want to repeat what everyone else said, your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Luckily you have one of the best hospitals in the country available. Take care.

Jim_M

Good luck Joel, I hope everything goes well for you, and your family will be in our prayers.

Jim

kj4kicks

Joel, Fingers crossed for you and the family. Keep us posted when you can...

Sparky

I wish you and your wife the best as well Joel.

A co-workers sister-in-law is going thru a similar situation with her baby being delivered 8 or 9 weeks early after some steriod treatments. I just heard today that the baby and Mom are doing good.

I know we all like "old" stuff (tractors) but modern medicine is an awsome thing!

Mike........

catman81056

Ditto on what everyone else has said Joel.

Best of luck.

T-Mo

Joel,

My thoughts and prayers are going out to you, your wife and the baby. It's tough to see, not only your wife go through this, but then to add the anxiety about the baby's health.

Greg B.

Joel,

Best of luck to the three of you. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Greg B.

Rollerman

Joel as every one else have said I'll be thinking of your family & you.

I hope all goes well & look forward to hearing from you about there progress.

perry

you and your wife are in our thoughts and prayers from southern MI. check back when possible and keep us updated.

Kelly

Please take good care of your wife and yourself also you need to be in good shape for her. Best wishes and My familys prayers are with you. keep us posted

chevelletown

Joel,

My family will be praying for yours. I know the wife and little "ranger" will be just fine :thumbs: My brother's son came 5 weeks early and he is doing great now.

combatmp29r

Stephen, Perry, Kelly and Ken,

Thank you for your support and prayers. I will do my best to check in every night if only to give an update. I have two other children 4yr old boy and 2 yr old girl that will be here terrorizing Gma and Gpa. So I will have to come home every night if for nothing more than to get them back in line and tuck them in :thumbs:

Ken, thanks for the boost. I was a volunteer firefighter paramedic for a few years when we lived in IN, and with her being an ER nurse our medical knowledge has us scared S^&*less about this. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. :D

Thanks again everyone guess the V18 and my latest project will get a few days of well deserved rest :thumbs:

combatmp29r

OK my broad band is on the fritz tonight. Missed half the posts first time through.

Buzz, yes we are lucky with that. We are going to the #2 NICU in the state with the #1 only a 3 minute flight across town at Childrens hospital. So I have the utmost confidence in the doctors and the care we will get :thumbs:

Jim, Eldon, Terry, Tim, and Greg thanks for the support it means alot.

Mike yes it is awesome how far technology has brought medicine today. Who knows what all will be cured when my kids are the ones with all my horses :thumbs:

Guys I just want to say that the support on here is overwelming. I'm not sure who said it in a post on here yesterday or the day before, but what makes this forum so great is that we are all like a family here. Anywhere else I would never have posted anything personal like this as no one would miss me over at yahoo or any of the other sites I'm a member of. Thanks again guys and I will keep you all informed as to how everyone is doing.

nylyon

Joel thoughts and prayers from here as well. The child bearing process is difficult enough without the addition of high risks. You are doing the right things to take care of your wife and new baby. I know just how draining all of this can be, my first was a high risk born 4 weeks early via emergency c-section. Take care of everyone!

Stigian

I hope all goes well Joel, our thoughts are with you :thumbs:

combatmp29r

Karl and Ian thanks for the support. Well the lungs are not developed enough to deliver yet. So the wife has been admitted to OSU and they have resting nicely on some IV pain meds. Now ofcourse when it rains it poors. I have 2 very sick little ones here at home anfd now Dad is sick as well :thumbs: So Gma went to the hospital and I'm here taking care of the kids between my trips to see the porcelin god. I'm glad we have a good doctor that is fitting us in in an hour. I haven't felt like this since my 23rd birthday and that was alcohol induced :thumbs: So again thanks for everyones support and prayers. As of now it becomes a waiting game. We wait for the docs to make a decision. And I wait to see if I'm gaonna have to plow snow or not. 5" and growing glad I own all 4x4s. Seat time is out for now :D

T-Mo

Joel,

It sounds like things have gone from bad to worse. I hope the kids start to feel better, as well as Dad also. I'm still saying a prayer for your wife and unborn child.

combatmp29r

Thanks Terry. The prayers are definately needed. I'm sure asome good drugs from the doc will solve the kids and my Ills. I knew not to self doctor the kids when I got home this morning and Joey sounded like a seal when he coughed. Yime to call the cav.

illinilefttackle

Joel- I just read this post-as everyone else has said our prayers go out to you and yours-God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but sometimes he tests us. Best of Luck!-AL