Sign in to follow this  
USHorse

Priceless II

USHorse

Insistent that she mow (only when sunny and warm) my dear wife attempts to maneveur around the chains of childrens swing. The horizontal muffler catches the hanging chain, she forgets about the brake and keeps going.....front of tractor is lifted in air, swing chain breaks and wraps around belt, horizontal shaft and attachamatic. Motor shuts down.....she comes and gets me, my face is white with fear!

Damage? - NONE!!, muffler stayed bolted, attachmatic removed to remove chain, no damage to any bearings, pullies. Kohler still running hard (5 years later)

The attachamatic was the key - back and running in 10 minutes - PRICELESS

:scratchead:

Docwheelhorse

AMEN!!!!! Thats two yays and not a single nay for the Tach-A-Matic!! :scratchead:

Tony

wheel horse 1045

women and driving DO NOT MIX :scratchead:

Sparky

women and driving DO NOT MIX :hide:

Good luck with that comment :scratchead: as we do have a few women here.

Mike...........

Docwheelhorse

Wheel Horse 1045 and SEX don't mix either after that comment..... :scratchead:

:hide:

Tony

sorekiwi

Wheel Horse 1045 and SEX don't mix either after that comment..... :scratchead:

:ychain:

Tony

:hide:

Coadster32

Now that's funny right there! :scratchead:

wheel horse 1045

bork

:scratchead: for the visual, of how you found out :hide:

wheel horse 1045

and as far as women being on here do we really want to start making sexual jokes on here?

HorseFixer

and as far as women being on here do we really want to start making sexual jokes on here?

Arch he is talking "NO SEX" and in that case 99.9% of all woman would condone Doc's comment and agree! :scratchead:

Redbird

We've had enough tractors come in for repair---98% of them---hubby was driving.

I think the "no sex" bit is funny as hell :ychain:

As for women drivers? How many try to go hill climbing with the horse to see what

it will do, and, flip it over backwards? :hide:

whfan74

Great story and you guys crack me up! Well at least his Horses show him love! :scratchead:

Coadster32

As for women drivers? How many try to go hill climbing with the horse to see what

it will do, and, flip it over backwards?

That's very true. :scratchead: :hide:

Duff

Damage? - NONE!!, muffler stayed bolted, attachmatic removed to remove chain, no damage to any bearings, pullies. Kohler still running hard (5 years later)

Now if that had been a big box tractor, you would have had a twisted pile of scrap metal or at best several hundred dollars in parts to try to repair it. Long Live the Horse! :notworthy:

Duff :thumbs:

Electro12WH

I'm just curious( no details, please) how many of you have had sex on a garden tractor? :notworthy:

Duff

Easy there, big fellah....this is a family forum...... :thumbs:

Duff :notworthy:

Electro12WH

Oops! Send the kids in the other room. :notworthy:

CasualObserver

This appears to have wandered to non-tractor discussion... moving it to the appropriate place.

USHorse

Part II - Back to the rugablility of a wheel horse, I attempted to finish up on the mowing the next day. Good ole me was mowing on an elevated part of the lawn where at one point, an above ground pool sat which was surrounded with 8"x8" timbers. Well, in attempt to nose the tractor as close to the edge as possible so I wouldn't have to get out the weed trimer, the tractor ended up going off the timber (only 8") but did a heck of a job wedging/jambing the deck between the timber and tractor frame...this time, the attachmatic had no effect when removing...not being able to muscle the beast since having a bad back, I had to jack the front of the tractor up and place similar timbers under the front wheels so I could back up.

Again - NO DAMAGE to DECK or any other part....Deck still going strong - PRICELESS!!!

The tractor was my father's which I mowed with when I was younger. He gave it to my wife and I when we bought our first house back in 1997. When I told my friends of the gift, they said your father gave you a used lawn mower?? I told them it was a wheel horse which they had not heard of. I should have told them to stop by the house in 15 years or so, and I will show it to them!!

With hovering supervision, my 10 year old daughter drives it around when helping me move mulch, etc., around the yard. :notworthy: THATS PRICELESS TOO!!

stevasaurus

glad everyone except "wheelhorse 1045" is unscathed :notworthy: