Sign in to follow this  
JimD

classifieds

JimD

is the classified section only for wheelhorse items, or can other items be listed here also? i have some wheelhorse items to list, but i have some other items that may or may not be of interest to some members here. just thought i would ask before i stepped in something... :scratchead:

whfan74

From my understanding we can post whatever (though most don't) of our own things.

I could be wrong, if so maybe we could put a misc. section in the classifieds area. I am sure there are other members interested in some of the things that the rest of us would like to sell.

JimD

From my understanding we can post whatever (though most don't) of our own things.

I could be wrong, if so maybe we could put a misc. section in the classifieds area. I am sure there are other members interested in some of the things that the rest of us would like to sell.

that's an excellent idea scott. admins?

JimD

nobody cares? :scratchead:

bitten

fan

Sounds like a good idea to me. I dont know what the policy is but maybe a mis. section would help some get things out of the way they dont use any more.

Suburban 550

Great idea guys. :scratchead:

Sparky

nobody cares? :scratchead:

Dont worry. We hear and read everything on the site. I think a misc, section in the classified area might be a good idea. I might even put a Dodge Durango I'm selling in it :hide: .

There are only 2 admins here and they wont make a change like this without input from the members and of course the moderators.

Stand by-----

Mike..........

JimD

thanks for your comments guys, and special thanks to you sparky :scratchead:

whfan74

Thanks Mods.......I think a lot of other members could really benefit from this section. I know my wife would be happy to see some things travel from our place to another garage! :scratchead:

Jim_M

Sounds like a good idea to me.

HorseFixer

:scratchead: Yep sounds like a Plan!

can whlvr

sure why not

chamjack

I like the Misc Section idea too.

Gene_S

I also think it is a good idea! Our own "Redsquare List" (Craigs List!?!?!?)

Gene

nylyon

Let's see how it works out. I'll start up a non-WH for sale, but I'm not real eager to setup a non-WH wanted area.

bustedglass

A NON-WHEEL HORSE wanted section ??? I dont think so Coach :scratchead: .

nylyon

Mike, are you saying that you think a non-WH wanted section would be good? Interested in hearing your thoughts.

whfan74

Karl,

You have brought up some very good points concerning the misc. section. I would say at this point we only post things for sale. Anything from a typewriter to a yacht. I know we are all trying to fund our hobbies as well as get rid of some things that have been taking up space for too long.

Maybe after we see how it goes we could branch it off in two sections......wanted and for sale sections.

I think we might see some good foot traffic through the for sale section......it is getting close to Christmas!

Redbird

:scratchead: I agree.

A misc. sale section would be great.

Just a thought tho---maybe it could be password protected for members use only? Otherwise it may turn into another Craig's list and everyone and his family will be posting there, causing it to get a little out of hand. Doing it this :hide: way may just increase our membership?

nylyon

Only members can post to that area, and non-members would need to join to send a PM or eMail to any listing.

JimD

thanks for giving this a try nylyon. and thanks to whfan74 for the idea. i'm workin on an ad to post in the morning!

jim

Curmudgeon

I know I'm not here but seldom anymore, but.

A misc. classifieds sounds like a grand idea, but why would it have to be one or other (For sale or wanted)? Everything could go into one section, the buyer/seller simply has to state, For Sale, or Wanted to Buy.

bustedglass

Coach,

A non W/H ANYTHING area (with the exception of implements or running gear), is a big NO, as far as I am concerned. Is'nt this a Wheel Horse forum ?

If there is anything else for sale, or wanted, there is eBay, craigs list, local want ads, etc. .

Don't mean to offend anyone, and I apologize if I am wrong, just my .02

oldandred

I know I'm not here but seldom anymore, but.

A misc. classifieds sounds like a grand idea, but why would it have to be one or other (For sale or wanted)? Everything could go into one section, the buyer/seller simply has to state, For Sale, or Wanted to Buy.

Dale just may be you could sing a tune for the wanted adds or the for sale ??

whfan74

Mike,

I am glad that you spoke up. This is just a suggestion.......any certain reason why it wouldn't be a good idea. You wouldn't offend me at all by your take on it. I just want to look at the entire picture.