Sign in to follow this  
sgtsampay

Today at the farm.

sgtsampay

Hi all. Today I went to help out my neighbor clear out a bunch of blown down trees on his farm on the coast. He has two wheel horses and a Ford tractor. They are a C-160 8-Speed (Own since new) and a used 1994 520-H. Today we used the old C-160 since it was at the farm and its more than enough to do some towing. Anyway, We went get the Tractor out of its garage and found out that it was super hard starting. After some carb ajusting (It had to richen, which means carb issues but he didn't care. LOL) we were on our way. He used the chainsaw and cut up all of the down trees and branchs, while i jsut loaded the trailer up and hauled them away to a large pile about 1/2 mile away. The tractor did great of corse and was super fun to drive. I did almost get it stuck in the field a few times but the chains helped. The grass was super long and it was wet, so thats really didn't help and i was on a hill. Anyway, we did this for a few hours and then he gave me a trailer for my tractor and we came home. The trailer is fine and it is a dump cart! It just needs some air in one of the tires. LOL. Ok, here are some pictures.

There is where the tractor was sleeping:

100_7639.jpg

Time to wake up!

100_7638.jpg

Ready for work.

100_7642.jpg

My neighbor cutting.

100_7644.jpg

Me loading up the trailer to haul away.

100_7643.jpg

All ready to go home.

100_7645.jpg

BTW, I changed the oil, changed the plug, cleaned the air filter, used Sea Foam in the carb and reajusted it, greased all of the zerks, and ajusted my brakes for my tractor today. Boy does it run super smooth now. Man, it really purrs at all rpms and makes no black smoke! I love it. Man, I'm so happy.

chazm

Thank goodness for a good horse :ychain:

Glad to hear you took good care of her after a hard days work :scratchead:

Chaz :hide:

chamjack

Always nice to see pictures. I imagine the rabbits are going to love the new brush piles you guys made :scratchead:

Coadster32

Good days work, with a nice reward at the end. Thanks for sharing.

sgtsampay

Thanks guys. I took care of my tractor, and not the one pictured in the story. I will however try to go help him fix the C-160 up, sine it really needs tlc. LOL. Thanks again guys for reading it. LOL. I had a nice time.

stevasaurus

great story and excellent pictures...thanks for sharing. :scratchead:

KyBlue

Great Story!! Thanks for taking the time to take the photos, and share em with us all!

bustedglass

Thanks for sharing :scratchead:

Duff

Nice day spent, and great story! Thanks for sharing with us. His tractor looks good and straight - good candidate for some TLC, IMHO!

Duff :scratchead: