Skwerl58 836 #1 Posted 9 hours ago I have been having fuel issues with my 1054. I have changed the fuel pump to electric and have not gotten over a year out of three different Amazon pumps. I ordered a Facet pump and installed it and also changed my fuel line, fuel filter and removed the sediment bowl. The sediment bowl would catch some trash in the tube and not allow fuel into the bowl at times. I rode it today for about 10 minutes and the issues are gone, runs great, starts quickly and not starving for gas. I think this new setup has taken care of the fuel issues. 5 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
sqrlgtr 3,872 #2 Posted 8 hours ago 1 hour ago, Skwerl58 said: I have been having fuel issues with my 1054. I have changed the fuel pump to electric and have not gotten over a year out of three different Amazon pumps. I ordered a Facet pump and installed it and also changed my fuel line, fuel filter and removed the sediment bowl. The sediment bowl would catch some trash in the tube and not allow fuel into the bowl at times. I rode it today for about 10 minutes and the issues are gone, runs great, starts quickly and not starving for gas. I think this new setup has taken care of the fuel issues. I just ordered a Carbole pump from the jungle and hope thats not one of the pumps you had trouble with . Have 2 of the Facet pumps and have had no problems so far just thought I would try one of the Carbole pumps this time because everyone said they have had good luck with them and they are half what the Facets fetch. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
oldlineman 1,803 #3 Posted 2 hours ago My experience is that with almost anything, you can buy a good (more expensive item) once or or a cheaper item several times, both seem in the end too cost the same! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ri702bill 12,997 #4 Posted 57 minutes ago Electric fuel pumps require clean gasoline to work well - some type of decent filter is required between the tank and the pump. A coarse screen button style is not the proper choice... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,660 #5 Posted 56 minutes ago 1 hour ago, oldlineman said: My experience is that with almost anything, you can buy a good (more expensive item) once or or a cheaper item several times, both seem in the end too cost the same! Agreed. Value is not just financial. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites