Jump to content
rick

I made my M14 oil changes easier!

Recommended Posts

rick

 I installed a Fumoto valve in my M14 Kohler to make oil drains easier.  To drain the oil in my 314-8, I had to remove the deck or use a Mityvac vacuum evacuator.  Any other methods would end up in a mess with oil spilled some where.

Given enough rain and sunshine I cut every 4-5 days in the growing season for 3+ hours a tour.  25 hour services roll around quickly.  The Fumoto valve has a nipple that a 3/8 soft clear tube plugs onto to direct the flow of waste oil to a drain pan.  No more bending license plates and trying to work around obsructions or trying to get the the vacuum hose past the tube and into the crankcase of the Magnum engine.

 

  • Like 2
  • Excellent 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ri702bill

Pictures?? I ask because of the added length... does it get in the way of anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??

For those of you who don't know what they are. https://www.fumotousa.com/

Not exactly giving them away but if you need to change your oil a lot ... priceless. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
ebinmaine
2 hours ago, WHX?? said:

For those of you who don't know what they are. https://www.fumotousa.com/

Not exactly giving them away but if you need to change your oil a lot ... priceless. 

 

The value of the item exceeds monetary considerations.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

  • Like 1
  • Excellent 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
953 nut

:twocents-02cents:           I just screwed a 3/8 NPT ball valve into the drain outlet and come oil change time you can screw a hose with a fitting into the other end and no mess. Valves are about five bucks and you use the same hose for all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
WHX??
40 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

3/8 NPT ball valve

All fine and dandy until a stick ... which you should have picked up before :chores-mowlawn: ... jumps up and opens the valve and decides to oil the deck. Luckily you saw it happen in time. So then you remove the handle and promptly forget where you put it at oil change time. Since SWMBO isn't around 953nut gets the blame ... :lol:

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Racinbob

Got them on about everything that gets the oil changed. No, not cheap but worth every penny to me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

 

Oil_Drain.jpg.61c45ca374ca435018fce19f35f49f72.jpg854_Engine_Swap_Oil.jpg.a4fe62503e5a49a96fd6d1c95c616aea.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
32 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

Got them on about everything that gets the oil changed. No, not cheap but worth every penny to me. :handgestures-thumbupright:

 

 

Yup same here. 

Edited by squonk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Mike'sHorseBarn

Now fellas you've all educated me today! I've never seen this before! Is the one you're using?

 

https://www.fumotousa.com/f106sx.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
1 hour ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Now fellas you've all educated me today! I've never seen this before! Is the one you're using?

 

https://www.fumotousa.com/f106sx.html

Not that one. It's Metric thread. this is the one I use with a hose end

 

https://ezoildrainvalve.com/product/ez-oil-drain-valve-ez-102-pf-38-thread-size

 

https://ezoildrainvalve.com/product/ez-h-001-small-hose-end

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
rick
23 hours ago, ri702bill said:

Pictures?? I ask because of the added length... does it get in the way of anything?

No pics, no idea how to do it here!

The # F110N valve is not in the way of anything on my installation, an M14 Kohler on a 1997 314-8.  The belts are out of the way.  The valve sticks out a little less than the PTO hoop lower bracket.  It's an easy reach to the valve.  I would urge you to visit the website fumotousa.com  and check the product out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
On 9/30/2026 at 2:01 PM, ri702bill said:

Pictures?? I ask because of the added length... does it get in the way of anything?

This is how I put them on the small block short framers to clear the clutch pedal. I can leave a deck on and use a hose so I don't get oil all over the deck. On my C-160 it comes out straight and again a hose end and hose to keep the deck clean.

 

20261001_151025.jpg.b0b0cd87b4d30caf4ffeaa39fbc6d786.jpg

Edited by squonk
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
sqrlgtr

@squonk stupid ? but what size did you have to order? I cant remeber for the life of me what size pipe thread WH used. Stinks getting older.:crying-blue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
squonk
15 minutes ago, sqrlgtr said:

@squonk stupid ? but what size did you have to order? I cant remeber for the life of me what size pipe thread WH used. Stinks getting older.:crying-blue:

Click on my link. Gives the part no.    3/8"

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...