Teddy da Bear62 172 #1 Posted Sunday at 02:42 PM Title says it all. I want to confirm my spring and linkage. Unfortunately everything I run across doesn't have a "wheel horse" k532 view. There must have been dozens of configurations. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pfrederi 21,123 #2 Posted Sunday at 03:05 PM Didn't C-195 come with KT-19 motors??? 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
8ntruck 9,268 #3 Posted Sunday at 10:08 PM C-195's came with KT-19 engines. I think @ebinmaine has a K532 on his Colossus project I rember correctly, the engine was originally on a welder. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
ebinmaine 80,507 #4 Posted Sunday at 10:23 PM 7 hours ago, pfrederi said: Didn't C-195 come with KT-19 motors??? Yes. Hence the "19"... 7 hours ago, Teddy da Bear62 said: There must have been dozens of configurations. Certainly were differences over the years. My own was set up with a very short set of sticks & cables that barely reached the holders at the top of the engine. 10 minutes ago, 8ntruck said: C-195's came with KT-19 engines. I think @ebinmaine has a K532 on his Colossus project I rember correctly, the engine was originally on a welder. Close.... Mine is a K582 that was in a home shop made generator when I got it. I don't recall the year. I do remember that it's had yellow, dark blue, and OD green paint. The yellow could have been OE, the other two colors are close match to military but no history is known. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
8ntruck 9,268 #5 Posted yesterday at 12:41 AM (edited) @Teddy da Bear62 I grabbed some pictures of the carb linkage on my C-195. The guy I bought it from said that he had replaced the carb, so I can't sayif it came from the factory this way. The throttle and governor work OK. The choke is not connected to the choke laver on the dash at the moment - seems the choke shaft on the carb is 90 degrees different than the original carb. Picture 1. Throttle cable connection to bell crank on left side of tractor. The link on the other end connects to the governor arm. Picture 2. Governor arm. Left-hand side spring goes to bellcrank that the throttle cable connects to. The link on the right hand of the governor arm connects to the throttle shaft. View is from the rear of the carb. Picture 3. The link between the governor arm and throttle shaft. Picture 4. Another view of governor arm to throttle shaft. This view also shows the choke shaft - it is horizontal on this carb, where on the original carb, the shaft ran vertically. Hope these help you. Edited yesterday at 12:55 AM by 8ntruck 2 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Teddy da Bear62 172 #6 Posted 10 hours ago (edited) You da man 8ntruck!!! Is your choke not hooked up?? I'm at my wits end with this tractor..... (short trip.....lol) I found and repaired wire preventing it from starting. Then it fired right up, drove it around the farm. Shut it down, went to work. Next day came out and fired it right up again. But this time it sputtered and died. Could not get it to restart. Needed to mow some with another tractor, then went to work. Next day.....fired right up, sputtered and died again. This thing ran perfectly for its trip around the farm. Now it wouldn't give me the time of day. I checked for spark. Have spark. Getting fuel. I cleaned carb and it fired up again. Ran badly......but kept running until I shut it down for work again. Next day.....can't even get it to "pop". Rechecked spark, got spark. Regapped the plugs. Put starting fluid in each plug hole. Plugs back in and tried to start it. The engine turns over, but no combustion. I don't get it. Fuel in plug holes and having spark should result in combustion!!! What am I missing? All safety switches bypassed, so it's not that. Edited 9 hours ago by Teddy da Bear62 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
8ntruck 9,268 #7 Posted 7 hours ago (edited) Yup. My choke is not connected to the lever on the dash. The current cable routing does not work with a horizontal choke shaft & i haven't gotten around to figuring out a solution. It gets started with the hood open, so i can reach the choke lever on the carb. It usually fires right up, allowing me to open the choke & close the hood. Just some tdle thoughts on your running issues, in no particular order: Have you cleaned the points? Easily done by pulling a dollar bill through the closed points several times - best if the key is off. What about the point gap? I've had luck with new plugs sometimes. How about the fuel pump? I've put an electric pump on mine. Gas tank been cleaned? How old are the fuel lines? How old is the fuel filter? If you clean the carb, but nothing upstream from it, crude will return to the carb. A word of caution - starting fluid is mutch too violent for our small engines. I use carb cleaner instead, others keep a spray bottle of gas for this purpose. Good luck and have fun. When I took those pictures last night, I discovered a puddle of oil unde the tractor - by stepping in it. I'm suspecting a bad crank seal. Again, I haven't had the time to pull the tins and flywheel to check it. Edited 7 hours ago by 8ntruck Share this post Link to post Share on other sites