Handy Don 17,462 #51 Posted August 2 24 minutes ago, EB-80/8inPA said: Would it then follow that the “Ulimate Promotion” would be a very, very long nap? Possibly. I don’t claim to know for sure. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
EB-80/8inPA 2,116 #52 Posted August 2 5 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said: Talk of the SS trust fund makes me feel like I spilled my drink... Well, before you posted that I was thinking of replying to @953 nut‘s post with some words from The Maestro himself, Alan Greasepan, in testimony to Congress about meeting those obligations, but will refrain from doing so in light of this celebratory occasion that you should be enjoying . Instead, I’ll just say: “Congratulations!!!” Posting a video of that old coot here would be like dropping a deuce in the Wheelhorse whiskey punch bowl. 1 3 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Handy Don 17,462 #53 Posted August 2 Indeed. Tangents aside, congratulations! 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
953 nut 69,147 #54 Posted August 6 On 7/30/2026 at 5:29 PM, SylvanLakeWH said: Retired today Now that you are no longer gainfully employed and have more time than you know what to do with you could do a HAIKU of the Day. 1 Share this post Link to post Share on other sites