Sign in to follow this  
Doubletrouble

Proud Father Bragging.

Doubletrouble

I just wanted to share with everyone here on Redsquare my overwhelming sense of pride for my 20 year old son. A couple years ago he was into some trouble, nothing to bad but I was a bit disappointed in him for some of things he was doing . He seemed to always find the wrong people to hang out with. He was also having trouble finding work with the state of the economy jobs are hard to find as it is anyway so he kind of gave up on that it seemed. Well he really impressed me with what he did next. He began to hang around an older crowd. One man in paticular by the name of Don. This was a very possitive influance. He began to mature in a way I never expected. Ultimatly his maturaty led to this next life changing choice. He enlisted in the United States Navy. We all went to see him graduate basic training on Sept.3 and were all so proud of him. It seemed to really have an awsome impact on him in a very good way. I couldn't be more proud of him right now and I just wanted to share this with everyone one here.

This is a picture of him from graduation:

tonydressblues.jpg

Thanks for allowing me a minute of your time to express my pride. I've been telling everyone I could so I thought I'd post it here for my freinds on Redsquare also.

Suburban 550

Bill, great story. Good to see he is on the right path and changed his life around for the better. :scratchead:

C-Series14

Congrats and he done good! :scratchead: A fellow military man myself, 31 years and still fixing aircraft! Well, at least untill I decide to retire! :hide:

Sparky

Thats great news Bill. Is he going Surface Ships or Submarines?

Mike..........

chazm

Congrads Bill :scratchead:

Everybody needs someone to show them the right path, glad to hear your son is on his way.

Both of my parents were in the navy ... so Anchors Away :hide:

Be proud Bill - And tell your son " Thanks " for serving our country.

:ychain: Chaz

HorseFixer

Great Story Bill! :hide: Joining the NAVY never hurt me any! :scratchead:

Don1977

It's a good place to learn responsibility. I joined the Navy Reserve back in 1965.

Spent my year in Vietnam 1967-1968, but I had it a lot better than if I had been drafted.

Coadster32

Great story. Thanks for bragging, as you have every right to do!! Looks like he will serve his country well. :scratchead:

WHC-125

Great Story Bill! There should be alot more topics like this on here. Everyone should brag once in a while :hide:

I would also like to thank him for serving our country :scratchead:

Doubletrouble

I will pass on all your thanks and sparky, he will be on a surface ship. he will begin a-school today at great lakes. He will start out a minesman serving on a minesweeper ship (MCM). It's kinda ironic, I was seriously thinking of signing up for the navy after high scool but didn't because he was on the way and here I am 20 years later watching him begin navy life. Funny how that works.

bmuone

Congrad to you and your son. Four years as radioman in gator navy for me. Infact the ....bmuone...is for Beachmaster Unit One. Got sick every time we set the special sea and anchor detail. Pass alone a well meant Thank you for serving our country.....Dayton

Save Old Iron

Congrats Bill

:scratchead:

stevasaurus

congrats to you and your son...4 years in the navy myself...1970-1974...shaped me up and was one of the best expierences of my life. I really believe the navy is the one branch of service that cares and tries to put the right people in the right place. :scratchead:

Duff

Congratulations to both you and your son, Bill. And to echo the wishes of others here, please thank him for his service to our country! :hide:

Duff :scratchead:

Red Iron

:hide: A great thing to brag about, and memories made, well, memories remembered as well. I was not in military, but not by choice, but a disability.

I'm glad for those who turn their lives around for the better. :scratchead:

Worth a honorable mention!!

bitten

:scratchead: Great to hear a story like that

whfan74

:scratchead: That is a fantastic story! My father retired from the Navy and I have the utmost respect and admiration for those that serve our country!

You must be one proud father! :hide:

Doubletrouble

Thanks again for all the well wishes. I am very proud of him and love to brag about it. He has made a very big choice in doing this and I think in the long term it will benifit him greatly. Again thanks and also thank you to all those that have served.