Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

Wheel Horse Implement National Monument

stevasaurus

I was driving back from the LeSeuer, Minn. show today, and I couldn't believe my eyes. An actual Wheel Horse Implements National Monument. I did a u-turn and had to check this out. WOW!!! :hide:

2008_09022009showLeSueur0014.jpg

There is more to the story, as it turns out....this monument sits on the Minnesota side of the river, over-looking La Crosse, Wisconsin. The locals will tell you that in the 60's a huge herd of Wheel Horse roundhood garden tractors with attachments like this one, dug and dredged and bladed the land until it formed the Mississippi river. This made it possible for the small town of La Crosse to grow and become the beer making capital of the world! The people were so grateful, that they put up this monument, and dedicated it to the little red horses.

And now for the rest of the story...

Seems, the "Duke" of Earl, who now resides in Niles, Michigan, has been buying the implements from these sites and importing them to where he now lives. As I write this, the one pictured is soon to make a 5 state journey to add to his collection. It is rumored...as the blade passes through South Bend, Indiana, (the birth place of the implement), crowds will form on the streets and pop a brew from La Crosse as it passes.

and now you know the rest of the story. :scratchead:

HorseFixer

:hide: Thats some funny stuff! :ychain: My pal Dale the third Rock from the sun will be bringin it by to me! Guess I will be fireing up the Ole Grill for some of those Steaks on Crackers! :scratchead: So's anywho how was the Show lets see some pics!

Gene_S

Hey duke,

When you get that belly blade could you send me some pictures of some fetures on it? I am missing the handle that you unlock to pivit the blade and the mesurements of the link that attaches to the lift. I'd be very greatful!!!

Thanks,

Gene :scratchead:

Sparky

Hmmm....I wonder if George Washington ever slept there :scratchead: !

Mike........

linen beige

Say hi to Dale for us Duke.

joebob

Wow that all I have to say, that must be some REALLY good wine you make Steve there has to to be more then grapes in that brew, flash backs kill ya, remember you told me you were a 60s child , it shows (JK)

HorseFixer

Hey duke,

When you get that belly blade could you send me some pictures of some fetures on it? I am missing the handle that you unlock to pivit the blade and the mesurements of the link that attaches to the lift. I'd be very greatful!!!

Thanks,

Gene :ychain:

Not a problem MATE! :hide: when I get her home will get some up close shots for U :scratchead:

Gene_S

Thanks Duke I really appreciate that!!! :scratchead: