• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

953 nut

:WRS:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MainelyWheelhorse
3 hours ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Welcome to redsquare! Nice to see more people from maine here! Awesome restore job! My 1st WH was a 314-8 And I love it! Use it almost daily:text-welcomeconfetti:

Thanks!

• Like 2

Handy Don
8 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

There's a few of us semi-local.

In the Mainer’s dictionary, what is the exact definition of “local”? :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Handy Don
Posted (edited)

accidental dup post

Edited by Handy Don

Tractorhead

:text-welcomeconfetti: to  :rs: from the other side of the Big Pond

:greetings-waveyellow:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ebinmaine
1 hour ago, Handy Don said:

In the Mainer’s dictionary, what is the exact definition of “local”? :)

Interesting you'd ask. 

My other half n I have held much counsel over the subject over the years.  

We both drive around 35 - 40 miles to work. 

We joke about whenever you want something it's anowwah. (That's 60 minutes). 

Just now I asked again. 

My Trina says still, bowdanowwah. 

Her daughter says around half that. Pushin' 45 is doable. 

:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

MainelyWheelhorse
12 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Interesting you'd ask. 

Just now I asked again. 

Sounds about right, especially from around Augusta out.

• Thanks 1

Handy Don
4 hours ago, ebinmaine said:

Interesting you'd ask. 

Just now I asked again. 

I think for my neighbors, anywhere up to 45-60 minutes except if you have to pay a toll. There are 7 toll bridges under an hour from me. The most expensive (~35 minutes) is $15.38 with transponder and $17.63 without--each way!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Bill D

Welcome.  Very nice tractor.  That front weight kit is a very rare and valuable attachment.  Very useful if you have a bagger.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
11 hours ago, Handy Don said:

I think for my neighbors, anywhere up to 45-60 minutes except if you have to pay a toll. There are 7 toll bridges under an hour from me. The most expensive (~35 minutes) is $15.38 with transponder and $17.63 without--each way!

Michigan.  One toll bridge, to the UP $5.  Michigan.  No hurricane season.  Michigan.  No shortage of water.  Michigan.  Great hunting.  Michigan.  Not many tornadoes.  Michigan.  No real earthquakes.  I guess I’ll stay.  :lol:

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

Darb1964
35 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

Michigan.  One toll bridge, to the UP $5.  Michigan.  No hurricane season.  Michigan.  No shortage of water.  Michigan.  Great hunting.  Michigan.  Not many tornadoes.  Michigan.  No real earthquakes.  I guess I’ll stay.  :lol:

My older brother moved to the upper Peninsula about five years ago, eight hours farther from the bridge, from the Berkshires of Massachusetts. Surprisingly because he complained about the winters in the Berkshires, I guess love can do that too a man. He's a big outdoorsman and is probably the happiest he's ever been. He's not happy about the political situation and that's from a Massachusetts 60 plus year resident.

• Excellent 1

Handy Don
1 hour ago, Pullstart said:

We have these big waterways all over--the Hudson River, East River, and Long Island Sound. Lots of people just seem to want to go from one side to the other. :)

• Haha 1

OldWorkHorse
On 5/14/2024 at 9:24 AM, ebinmaine said:

As far as parts go, kind of the same basic thing. Many of us have certain places we buy certain things. I keep a stock of some stuff down here 

Hey now! Don't be giving my pileoparts away on me 😂

• Haha 3

ebinmaine
49 minutes ago, OldWorkHorse said:

Hey now! Don't be giving my pileoparts away on me 😂

I'll bet there's some left.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1