c-series don

A Free area at the Big Show?

cafoose

Post them on the Big Show Buy Sell Trade thread and say it's free

• Like 9

stevebo
On 4/24/2024 at 9:19 PM, c-series don said:

I was looking around and I have a few things that I would probably just give away to someone in our Wheel Horse community that could use them rather than trying to collect 5 or 10 bucks. Example, last year I tried to sell a set of tire chains for something like 20 bucks? At the end of the show I wanted to give them away as I didn’t want to take them home. I probably have more things that I would give to someone that could use them if I dig around. To me it’s not about getting every dollar I can, I’ve had people help me along the way and this could be a way to pay it forward. I’m guessing that I’m not the only one who thinks this way? Obviously this area would have to be approved by the WHCC and probably the biggest part would be who would clean up whatever was left at the end of the show. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? 

Maybe we have a “free” bin or designated area. That would be cool idea. There have been years I could not give some stuff away🤷

• Like 1

rmaynard

On Friday of last years show, I sold C-series steering wheel with shaft and dash housing. On Saturday, I found that someone had created a "free" pile. My steering shaft and dash was in the pile. By the time I left (around 3:30) the pile was larger, but still there and included a lot of just plain junk. Staff has to remove anything that is left, and if it considered trash, it costs them to dispose of it. 

You might want to speak to staff member Eric Johnson (717) 244-2317 for his thoughts.

• Like 1

c-series don

@rmaynard Thanks Bob, I thought about that too. Didn’t want it to turn into a dumping ground and then someone has to deal with it. I also didn’t know if someone local could take stuff for scrap? I’ll give Eric a call and get his thoughts. 

• Like 1