keitholdcar

Bearing part number

keitholdcar

Does anyone have a part number for the sleeve bearing in the electric clutch for a 12 Automatic?My parts book only shows the clutch as a unit,no breakdown for the bearings in there.If I have to I can take it apart to either measure for a bearing or look for a bearing number.It just started to make noise,and I am hoping to have the bearing on hand when I take it apart.Normally I would just pop it off to look at,it's probably less than 5 minutes work,but this one seems really bound on the shaft.I am going to have to work at it.I rewound the magnet in the clutch and replaced the bearings in 1993,so I know it will have never-seize on it.That stuff can harden up pretty good over the years.

daveoman1966

Which bearing do you need?  There are two.  I have both...  ps...how did you rewind the electro magnet???

350431648_EPTOCSer(35).JPG.889b75b0b6f0a5713cd075bc9c8ee947.JPG

• Like 1

keitholdcar

I'll be doing both.I had it in my head one was a Torrington type bearing,but with all the iron I have around I am no doubt thinking of something else.I got the tractor from my neighbor in 1993,who had bought it new in 1973.The clutch was bad.The epoxied field winding was actually loose from the housing.I showed it to a local motor rewinder,he said easy,just give me a form to wind around.So I made a wooden form and handed it to him.He didn't expect that,he said that chases most people off.He wound it,set it in the housing,and poured the epoxy in it.The original lasted exactly 20 years,this one will be 31 in July.The bearing place has a record of all the bearings I have bought there,but in 1993 I bought over 180 bearings,It would be quite a job to narrow them down to which ones were for that tractor.

• Excellent 1

ebinmaine
10 hours ago, keitholdcar said:

I'll be doing both.I had it in my head one was a Torrington type bearing,but with all the iron I have around I am no doubt thinking of something else.I got the tractor from my neighbor in 1993,who had bought it new in 1973.The clutch was bad.The epoxied field winding was actually loose from the housing.I showed it to a local motor rewinder,he said easy,just give me a form to wind around.So I made a wooden form and handed it to him.He didn't expect that,he said that chases most people off.He wound it,set it in the housing,and poured the epoxy in it.The original lasted exactly 20 years,this one will be 31 in July.The bearing place has a record of all the bearings I have bought there,but in 1993 I bought over 180 bearings,It would be quite a job to narrow them down to which ones were for that tractor.

Might be handy if we had someone on tap they could rewind these coils.

keitholdcar

The guy that did mine said it was really a simple job.He said that while we could technical about wire size,number of turns,etc,this is one place where where there is some leeway.He said this is just a simple electromagnet,and you want enough power to pull it in and hold it,without drawing a gazillion amps.I know what you need,just give me that buck,(form) that you made and come back tomorrow.He was retired in 1993 when he did it for me,and his son who took over the business has now retired too.He hung the buck on the wall in his shop,along with dozens of others.I was happy to give it to him,if I had another one done it would be there anyway.I don't know if the new people there would do that stuff or not.

peter lena

@keitholdcar  @daveoman1966 , staring right at you  ?  see the opportunity  ?  wide bearing side shields  ? hard instant , screaming starts ? looks like a  REMOVAL , CLEAN OUT AND 550 flash point chassis grease , assuring  function to that bearing , that lubricant has eliminated bearing failure for me , lucas , marine /  or hd green chassis  grease ,  550- 570 deg , flash point  also verify all other related bearings , deck should rotate by hand on drive belt  , start point . just a suggestion , pete

daveoman1966

Two bearings for this E-PTO clutch.  The smaller one for the field winding is #6204-2RS.  

I have the BIGGER bearing in my shop---used but NO DRAG or WOBBLE--- very smooth with slight resistance---as it should be.

The number on it is: NACHI 6207-4DNSL  (or 4ONSL)  iT IS:  40mm ID x 72mm OD x 17mm W   I will put this one in the mail to you for $67 paypal (as money to friends). 

(I've spent an hour looking for it on-line...with no luck.)

Another mfg is WEB BEARING # 166-0144. From Warner Electric...the OEM bearing $110

1315755814_EPTOBEARING(5).JPG.785a8e5b007f75e81cd5e2dac0c467a6.JPG752291316_EPTOBEARING(4).JPG.5abdb4db4dd0d7f85876f82784abdfa8.JPG468345212_EPTOBEARING(3).JPG.a929dfd47f5b6c5b50b65277d5aaf31e.JPG1509254021_EPTOBEARING(2).JPG.63f08e59946ce19a7e1249ba2d0cd4ab.JPG1481505275_EPTOBEARING(6).JPG.d0f8b99f656bc73b081af56690a8c9dc.JPG

• Like 1