Mike'sHorseBarn

1267 That Went From WI To Pa!

JimSraj

Sweet!  Look at that seat. I’ve been told that style is original and looks like that one is nearly perfect. 
I really like my 1267. Just a real solid worker. 

• Like 5

Mike'sHorseBarn
10 minutes ago, JimSraj said:

Sweet!  Look at that seat. I’ve been told that style is original and looks like that one is nearly perfect. 
I really like my 1267. Just a real solid worker. 

It is original and you almost never see them!! They are really poor quality.

• Like 2

JimSraj

Someone, I think it may have been squonk, said I should take it off the tractor, re

,ace it with a cheap one and put it in a museum. 

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

It drove real nice, when I unloaded it from the trailer!  Good n tite :handgestures-thumbupright:  Thanks again for the sausages, they were awesome on the smoker!

• Like 5

Pullstart

• Like 5

ebinmaine

@Mike'sHorseBarn

I'd second the usage of the replacement seat for usage of the tractor. 

That is a great worker. 

Plenty of power. Limited Slip Differential. 

Very nice find. 

@WHX?? well done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher

Well Mike looks to be a fine workin tractor. Are you just going to mow with it? I would when you can give it a good cleaning so you can see if any leaks from the engine to the rear axels. I just did a 1057 this way will pay me back in the end.

• Like 4

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:            Mike didn't mention the hitchhiker that jumped into his trailer for a ride.  Several months ago I bought an electric A-60 which Jim and Dam picked up for me and brought to @Pullstart Plow Day. Mike then loaded it in his trailer for the ride east to PA where I will pick it up during the Big Show.   Big thank you to @WHX??, @Achto and @Mike'sHorseBarn for pulling this off.    The Wheel Horse Express works because of great people.      :text-thankyouyellow:

• Excellent 7

Mike'sHorseBarn
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:            Mike didn't mention the hitchhiker that jumped into his trailer for a ride.  Several months ago I bought an electric A-60 which Jim and Dam picked up for me and brought to @Pullstart Plow Day. Mike then loaded it in his trailer for the ride east to PA where I will pick it up during the Big Show.   Big thank you to @WHX??, @Achto and @Mike'sHorseBarn for pulling this off.    The Wheel Horse Express works because of great people.      :text-thankyouyellow:

Yep I did bring a hitchhiker and I gotta say it's a fun little thing to ride around on!

Messenger_creation_d212820c-38f2-43b9-af9a-720ad77f73a4.jpeg.c61a274215d9574b45d0c244989e2c46.jpeg

Messenger_creation_ba392b41-fcd6-4c46-9d59-6338981234e5.jpeg.f1ed85dc0951111280010df466d76b4c.jpeg

• Excellent 6

Mike'sHorseBarn

Had to fix that ugly exhaust and go back to the stock look.

20240501_192423.jpg.e211a237f80f9f357094da7107ccfa22.jpg

• Like 6

EB-80/8inPA
Posted (edited)
On 4/15/2024 at 9:16 PM, JimSraj said:

Sweet!  Look at that seat.

I’m having seat envy doing so.  Nice!

Edited by EB-80/8inPA
  • Like 2

WHX??
On 4/16/2024 at 3:36 AM, ebinmaine said:

I'd second the usage of the replacement seat for usage of the tractor. 

I'll  third that ... you can have the seat I had on it. If you don't need it throw it in Pullstart's truck at the BS. I could use those pucks back that were under the seat tho. Newer style seats don't sit down in the pan right without them. Dan knows same thing as his 867. 

On 4/15/2024 at 7:09 PM, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Good thing too cause the crankcase was full of gas! 

Must have happened on the way to Pullstart's... the way Dan was driving...:lol:

It was good when I loaded it. Did you clean the carb and check the float? Maybe my repair didn't hold?? I've never had any problems soldering brass. 

After a bit of running around check those hub screws. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Mike'sHorseBarn

@WHX?? what are those pucks anyway? If ya want them back i kinda want to get some, they look good and you're right those seats don't sit high enough on these pans. I will be using that seat though if you're willing. The original will be going to shows to display, but nothing beyond that! I did take the carb apart and put a kit in it. The float seemed fine, wasn't full of gas so I put it back in. I rebuilt the fuel pump too in case there was a pin hole in the diaphragm or something. So far no gas in the oil.

WHX??

You can have the seat for a daily driver and the pucks too then. I don't remember where they came from Dan might have made them?? The plastic ones were Hillman drawers I remember right? 

Pics when you recondition that seat. Maybe just mild soap water & armor all? I was too sceered to try! 

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn
37 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

Pics when you recondition that seat.

I did that the very next day I got home. Some dish soap and that's it. I didn't want to apply too many chemicals. Turned out pretty nice! Didn't notice the horse logo on the back until after I cleaned it!

20240502_075407.jpg.24fa4c536a8d44982ebb0886919b7fde.jpg

20240502_075419.jpg.d020b2d2ad9cdf22b41a73646eaed182.jpg

• Excellent 4

Mike'sHorseBarn

Thanks pete, I'll give that a try. Might have to use that in the galaxie too!

• Like 1

peter lena

@ MIKESHORSEBARN , used to detail cars , was always looking for something to enhance a  rough spot . another scary lubricant that  does very well on faded paint is , MINERAL OIL , just an initial  wipe down , really gets into a dull paint , let it soak in till a dull moisture remains , then a clean cloth rub down , recover paint in stages , you can't go from crud to  new in a single e stage , one of the first things I do on any recent pick up , is an aerosol penetrant spray down  , let it sit , preferably  under cover / inside , couple of days , then a clean oiled cloth wipe off , regularly save patina at that  , stage . go from there . go oily , pete 

• Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher

Mike the more I look at this 1267 I find it to be a very well kept. The owner had pride of ownership. This is worth striping it down to the frame a clean every part. Tap and die all holes and bolts. I am doing this to a 1257 I bout last fall. It will pay you back in the end. Enjoy the ride.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pullstart
22 hours ago, Mike'sHorseBarn said:

Didn't notice the horse logo on the back until after I cleaned it!

20240502_075419.jpg.d020b2d2ad9cdf22b41a73646eaed182.jpg

yeah compared to first pics, it wasn’t there!  :handgestures-thumbupright:

IMG_8239.jpeg

• Like 2

WHX??

That last pic is the temp seat I put on it Kev. Note the spacers under it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

peter lena

@Pullstart  that overall dry , grungy look is what you want as a starting point , to enhance /  yet save patina !  nothing fast about it , basically getting a lubrication feed into  neglected  surfaces . that seat back , 303 vinyl  cleaner , aerosol , for a soaking spray down / feed . tractor recently  sold , got the soak  , as soon as I got it , every time  I rubbed it down , it looked better , sold it with the darkened  oiled patina finish . guy thought the clutch pedal was broken , nope , it was lubricated , and moved with smooth solid  action . stay at it , pete

• Like 1

WHX??
2 hours ago, Retired Wrencher said:

owner had pride of ownership

Not really... the PO got it for free from his dad's estate and neglected it. He was somewhat one of those cakes with fruits and nuts around xmas time.

Ran it and put it away wet. To him it was just a a mower.  Filthy as sin so i just gave it a quick bath. Hubs were walking has was stale. Least he didn't molest it and kept it inside. 

I agree with your mechanical resto and that's why Mike has it instead of me! Nuff projects here! :lol:

• Like 3

Pullstart
1 hour ago, WHX?? said:

That last pic is the temp seat I put on it Kev. Note the spacers under it. 

See I told you it wasn’t there!  :lol:

• Haha 2