D_Mac

A Horse is a Horse no matter how small.

Kenneth R Cluley

Nice find, Love my old snapper RER.

• Thanks 1

Moparfanforever

Nice find!! I would have brought it home also. 

:thumbs:

• Thanks 1

OutdoorEnvy

Very cool and for the $75 what a steal!  I bet it's fun to use and will be a great back up or maybe loaner mowing rig.  I almost got one of these a couple years ago.  It didn't have the bagger but did work but the guy was wanting like $300 or so and I just didn't want to do that much for a mowing only rig.  But it was clean and worked.  Had no idea they would cost that much new!  Cool grab and you never know...this could be the missing WH collection piece down the road for someone who HAS to have it!  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH

:clap:

Little different but I love my :scared-shocked:A-60...

IMG_2264.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Heart 1

Wayne0

" A horse is a horse, of course, of course, but no one can talk to his horse of course." How many remember "Mr ED"? :lol:

• Like 2
  • Heart 2

Ed Kennell
49 minutes ago, Wayne0 said:

How many remember "Mr ED"?

Remember??,   I am Mr ED.

• Haha 9

cod

No laughing from me.  I've got 3 418-A's. Two runners and one for parts.

Man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do... ;-)

• Like 1

D_Mac

Oh it's not my first WH. Not even my first WH RER. Sure wish it was a one owner WH garden tractor though. I already found out what was wrong with the deck. The belt had slipped off the back pulley. It runs, cuts, and mows great now. Very tight turning radius.  Can turn on a dime. One of the rear tires keeps losing air so I ordered a pair of tubes for the rear. I'll clean it up when it stops raining. 

• Like 3

SylvanLakeWH
1 hour ago, Ed Kennell said:

Remember??,   I am Mr ED.

Trail cam...

image.jpeg.74b80de7e73695350f5e1fd9a9ba38f3.jpeg

Filling parts buckets for the Big Show...

:lol:

• Haha 6

Wayne0
28 minutes ago, SylvanLakeWH said:

Trail cam...

image.jpeg.74b80de7e73695350f5e1fd9a9ba38f3.jpeg

Filling parts buckets for the Big Show...

:lol:

:ROTF:

WHX??
4 hours ago, D_Mac said:

I think @WHX?? has a soft spot for them as well.

I love them. Shoulda never sold the flying freaking A-81 and I ever come a cross a late model one like that in half way decent shape and low money it'll come home. 

Strip the deck off and they make excellent ranch run arounds, yard workers & mail getters. 

Just can't beat them for pulling a tub and pickin up sticks... so easy on easy off! :P

I have joint custody with @Achto of your old '55 RER Mac. One of these days we'll get it running for a ride around at shows. 

Last pics a '67 I got from Madge. Put an offshore carb on it and run great now. 

I think @c-series don and @rmaynard have early restoed tubs. 

20180330_162645.jpg

20221024_103338.jpg

20220508_113346.jpg

20210627_183425.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 2

D_Mac
3 minutes ago, WHX?? said:

I have joint custody with @Achto of your old '55 RER Mac. One of these days we'll get it running for a ride 

20221024_103338.jpg

You need to get that skiff running again. You would not believe what I went through to get the parts for that transmission. Was running good when I owned it so I'm sure it won't need much. Get it done soon cause the older you get the harder it will be to get in and out of that thing. Sits so low to the ground. That was a true barn find. I remember the day I got it. Had it for like 20 mins and broke the tranny. Tranny rebuilt when I was in hospital  battling cancer. Please get it running and driving again. Has a lot of sentimental value to me.

• Like 1

c-series don

@WHX?? I have a RR-46 that I purchased as New Old Stock from a dealer. This dealer purchased it from another dealer that went out of business. It simply never sold at the original dealer. I was talking to a salesman at the dealer I bought it from back when they still sold the Wheel Horse Classic model. After a while I told him I collect Wheel Horses and he said come out back I have something you might be interested in. It was up on a rack on a pallet, so they got it down with a forklift. When he told me that it was NOS I was a little skeptical until he flipped it on its side. It literally looked brand new! I bought it right away! Brought it home put gas and oil in it and it started right up! I mowed for a few minutes just to see how well it worked. That was probably close to twenty years ago, and now it might have 3-4 hours on it. Very rarely I start it up and drive it around for a few minutes. One year I brought it to the Big Show but I didn’t get much interest in it. I’ve only seen one other one, ever! I’ve seen a few with a steering wheel but not the tiller style like mine. I think it’s kinda cool, like a Radio Flyer Red Wagon with a mower deck! 

IMG_0008.jpeg

IMG_0027.jpeg

IMG_2891.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3
  • Heart 1