ranger

Honda clones

ranger

Hi everyone, A farmer friend of mine has asked me to have a look at a pressure washer with a 15hp 190f Honda clone engine. It was a non starter. It would backfire on pulling starter cord. After checking a few things, I found the carb float punctured, flywheel key is okay, no clearance on exhaust valve, and very little compression. Head gasket then found to have failed. My question is, bearing in mind this engine is a Chinese copy, is it safe to use the torque figures for the Honda version, GX420? Particularly for the  flywheel nut, at 170 nm - 125lbf-ft? Head and block will be checked and flattened on a surface plate if necessary.

p.s. It belongs to the local bowls club. I wonder how long it had been leaking before it finally failed?IMG_1356.jpeg.342f0701afce19e2f9ca9ce93298fd89.jpegIMG_1355.jpeg.008aa61eb774bafb9451dc00ce6bdcfb.jpegIMG_1354.jpeg.56e6d535455e8dd5f973cbbfe595ccdf.jpegIMG_1353.jpeg.8d0002a53ce90388c4ff4c0afc723a3b.jpeg

ri702bill

Soooo.... using OE Honda gasket and carb float??? The Honda torque specs should be OK, as long as the bolt size, engagement length. and thread pitch are the same.

• Like 1

lynnmor

Any chance that is a crack?

IMG_1354.jpeg.56e6d535455e8dd5f973cbbfe595ccdf.jpeg.2fad6bb31a363201d49b36bb3779dd5b.jpeg

• Sad 1

ranger

I’ll have to check that,🤔 I took it apart yesterday, and haven’t looked at it since!

• Like 2

kpinnc
Posted (edited)

@lynnmor That is some high resolution vision you got there!

six-million-dollar-man-rebuild-him.gif

Edited by kpinnc

squonk
1 hour ago, ranger said:

I’ll have to check that,🤔 I took it apart yesterday, and haven’t looked at it since!

Spray some carb cleaner on it and walk away and have a coffee. If it's a crack it will really show up 

• Like 1

ranger

Just went out and had a look. I had sprayed the chamber with WD before I left it, what look’s like a crack is actually carbon. Wiping with a rag, literally wiped it away!

• Like 1

ranger

I wonder what the bowls club clean with it? 🤔not the greens I hope!🙀