formariz

Update on my new health woes.

squonk

Keep your chin up Cas. I found out a while back that I was anemic. Whole bunch of tests. They never found anything. Just gets you more wound up.

• Heart 4

Pullstart

:eusa-pray:

• Heart 3

Horse Newbie
Posted (edited)

@formariz,

I will be, as will many others, be praying for you and your family.

I wish to repeat what Squonk said, and also wish you peace and healing.

Edited by Horse Newbie
  • Heart 2

Brockport Bill
1 hour ago, formariz said:

I haven’t been here often and only for very short visits and some of you asked if everything is ok. Thank you very much for your concerns. I am feeling fine physically, just exhausted with all the testing and concerns this has cause specifically to my family. I went last week to the Hackensack Cancer Center where they are the so called authority on Multiple Myeloma, at least in this area. They pretty much confirmed what the other doctors had already confirmed only with much more detail and information. Or perhaps it’s just that now that I know more about it I am asking more questions. They state that I am at the “smoldering “ stage, meaning that it is pre cancer. Although they say that it is inevitable that I will eventually have it, it could take many years for it to happen. However since there is always a rather substantial increase in the adverse readings of the blood tests, I will have to continue to be tested every three months. In addition to all the tests I have been doing they also now want me to do a bone marrow MRI which is only available in two facilities in the state , luckily they being one of them. It’s not warranted nor recommended at this point to start any treatment or and medication, only when tests reach a certain threshold. So essentially summarizing this ordeal I am a ticking time bomb that inevitably will blow up. I don’t know if it’s better than actually having it now and dealing with it, since it is now a constant burden on everyone’s minds always worrying and watching me for any signs of distress. Essentially peace of mind is now for the family a thing of the past. I am not a worrying person but I don’t like to see the other’s constantly concerned over me specially my wife who totally depends on me. 

One of tests done was a PET scan which detects any thing abnormal going on in your body. Well, that was also the opening of Pandora’s box. Some things found I already knew but ignored, and others I didn’t know. So now on top of everything else I also am going to see a Vascular Surgeon to deal with all the bad veins on my leg, and do other tests to see why I am now anemic which they ruled out being related to the Myeloma at this stage. So as you all can see this is been the bulk of my activities. I think I know glow in the dark and will gave a permanent faucet attached to my left arm to withdraw blood. 

hopefully there is enough happiness and blessings on the other side of the day to day life ledger to offset the worry side of the ledger? Be positive !!

• Heart 3

rmaynard

Two positives I see:

1. Glow-in-the-dark. You'll be able to see your way to the bathroom at night without the need to turn on a light;

2. If you run into a vampire, just tell him to use the faucet and skip the bite in the neck.

All kidding aside, I'd rather be smoldering than fully on fire. Keep the positive attitude. We all love you man and will be keeping you in our thoughts. 

Sending more good juju your way.

• Heart 4

SylvanLakeWH

Continued prayers for you and your family.

• Heart 5

953 nut
4 hours ago, formariz said:

I am at the “smoldering “ stage, meaning that it is pre cancer

Cas, I was at the smoldering stage four years ago, have had no treatment and now my M Spike readings are at the high end of the normal range. Perhaps it was prayer, might have been just plain-old good,luck. I don't know and the oncologists don't know why either so think positive and You will remain in my prayers.

• Heart 5

Tractorhead

Sent you some strength prayers.

• Heart 2

rjg854

:pray: for you and your wife.

• Heart 3

D_Mac

Keep up the fight. I told you before it's a journey.  My life is going to doctor appointments, some kind of lab test or procedure, and picking up prescriptions at the pharmacy. All these things need to be done. Focus on the positive. Don't look to far ahead. Some things will change but go back to normal, some things will change and be your new normal. Keep taking whatever they dish out. Fight through it all and keep on punching !

• Heart 3