PWL216

Put swivel wheels on my HF lift table

PWL216

I work out of a one car garage and needed to be able to easily move the lift table so my wife can get her car in. This was non-negotiable ;)

I bought locking swivel casters with 2k pound capacity. For the front I had to use 2x4 pt wood to build it up high enough for the casters to fully spin. In the back I welded up some brackets. Works really well.

6CE47101-2366-4838-8178-C35E706553FC.jpeg

AC6BC355-F7ED-48EE-9C95-2A0469F2940B.jpeg

AA66710F-975B-4B11-9607-F3BBC56FE16F.jpeg

8B1E6CBE-F365-4BBD-9467-688298DAF416.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Excellent 5

ebinmaine

Nicely done sir

• Like 2

ri702bill

Agreed! "If Mama ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy"!!!!!! :angry-nono:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

kpinnc
3 hours ago, PWL216 said:

This was non-negotiable ;)

Been married 20 years. I still don't understand how common such a thing is... :lol:

• Haha 4

Blasterdad

me-the-shed-is-full-dont-buy-another-tractor-evil-37270004.png.aee0d4125808b00b5f0eba4e39e95cd2.png

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 3

c-series don

I like this, I have the exact same table and I have thought about doing the same thing. I’ve never attempted to move the table once there was a tractor on it, it seems like it would be too heavy and difficult. Definitely would not try to move it with a tractor lifted on the table. One thing I found was it is easiest to move it raised up with nothing on it. That’s where those casters would make it super easy to move. The table is one of the best tools I’ve bought for my shop, really makes working on tractors so much nicer. @PWL216 What do you use for a ramp to get tractors onto the table? The ramp it comes with is not wide enough as you must know. I have a few ideas but for now I’m just using short wood ramps and blocks. 

• Like 3

PWL216
Posted (edited)

@c-series don I use the same - short wood planks with rubber tire chocks. A better ramp is the next problem to solve. I also find the table easier to move when it’s fully lifted. I do intend on moving the table with a tractor on it. I’ll let you know how it goes in terms of ease, stability and safety. I built  extension wings for it, not shown in the picture. The picture is of the 3” casters I bought. They seem to be very good quality and come with nuts/bolts and a wrench.

7C61E246-5DBC-4DEF-BBCE-010C9237C08D.jpeg

Edited by PWL216
  • Like 3

ebinmaine
4 hours ago, PWL216 said:

I do intend on moving the table with a tractor on it. I’ll let you know how it goes in terms of ease, stability and safety.

As long as you keep the table as low as possible while moving it around, you will likely be fine.

For the sake of safety it might be best stand on the side of the table that permits you to push it away from you. That way if it falls it's going to be prone to go away from your general direction.

For the record, that's not the way I would do it. But as you know I have a fair amount more "mass" than most. 😂

• Like 2

PWL216

Video of how easy it is to move the table with a tractor on it…

• Excellent 3

ebinmaine
59 minutes ago, PWL216 said:

Video

That looks great. I don't see any stability issues there at all. Excellent solution.

• Like 1

squonk

The previous owner of my Horror Fright lift welded up an extension to give it a wider stance for stability and installed some locking swivel casters. You can see one peeking out in this pic. 

Also you can buy a Handy Lift side extension kit  (which mine has) and add it to the lift to make it wider. Take em off when not in use. I can store the entire lift under my Power King so it's out of the way.

IMG_20240201_154349994.jpg.efd167025b2c4cd8465c6fe2857bbc91.jpg

• Like 5