AHS

Adjusting 520H seat

AHS

Hi there, so the seat pan rubs heavily on the slide part; making it unable to slide….. what am I missing?? All i can think of is 4 grommets on those bolts, to raise it up off the slide part.

AD24E02F-8624-490F-BD1F-3A288DACCF54.jpeg

05746659-6692-41CA-A893-945DDE4DD69A.jpeg

91AB42C0-06BB-4444-98CE-75556D12161B.jpeg

JCM

Looks like an 88 or 89 WH. Obviously the seat is not a WH seat. The slide mechanism looks to be upside down ? and not OEM. The slide lever I think is usually on the left side.The yellow rubber cover is for another brand I assume.

• Like 1

JoeM

Looks like two different ways the seats mounted. 

With seat springs

or with the adjusters that had spacers. IDk the height of those spacers maybe someone here will know.

image.png.de80f0b169cd02d57db7d7f6a7aaefe4.png

AHS

I’m missing part number 25, interesting. Hhmmm

AHS
1 hour ago, JCM said:

Looks like an 88 or 89 WH. Obviously the seat is not a WH seat. The slide mechanism looks to be upside down ? and not OEM. The slide lever I think is usually on the left side.The yellow rubber cover is for another brand I assume.

I don’t know. It looks to be factory. Yes, its an 89. 520H. @cleat you would know?

lynnmor

#25 is a thick plastic spacer, I made some to replace the original, they are approximately 5/16" thick.

cleat

Do you have the big seat springs #2 ?

AHS

@cleatNo, they WERE on there. Could that be why its sliding so hard.  The seat slider, a stud. The seat, a nut. Which hold two pieces of steel together…. I mean of course it wont budge! Not without a stack of washers or a grommet to keep the two pieces of steel apart. You see what i mean? 

cleat

I take the seat slides off and install these spacer / adapter plates.

431019036_Seatadapterplatesinstalled.JPG.86502d2974a5f30b91efe68bf3851245.JPG

With the seat springs all the way back in their slots I seem to have plenty of leg room.

1660578122_Seatinstalled3.JPG.fd8d9df1d3e33a629e407e0e16be7dd5.JPG

703742885_Gasliftinstalled2.JPG.8bfca4c9c75ae3030ccbac56920d50df.JPG

peter lena

@ AHS your initial picture of seat frame over the edge of fender says it all for me , also agree with @cleat on the spacers , personally went with  https://www.google.com/search?q=vibration+mount+pads&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS866US866&oq=vibration+mount+pads&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAE on my stuff , when you set up any seat , look at it from every angle , also front  of seat  height is vital , drop it for more leg / waist  space . sold a horse that was a train wreck , had a terrible seat / set up . personally do not use those , long seat base angle mounts , once seat is  front bracketed , I use  singular compression springs , in seat threaded holes .  like I said , look at it from the side , to sum up what you have to do .https://www.google.com/search?q=vibration+mount+pads&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS866US866&oq=vibration+mount+pads&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIICAEQABgWGB4yCAgCEAAYFhgeMggIAxAAGBYYHjIICAQQABgWGB4yCAgFEAAYFhgeMggIBhAAGBYYHjIICAcQABgWGB4yCAgIEAAYFhgeMg0ICRAAGIYDGIAEGIoF0gEJMTUyMjZqMGo0qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 , my seat set ups , pete

AHS

OK!!! I have the seat of a zero turn and the bracket’s, which has no springs and hits the seat pan. The original had big springs. (I can see the imprints in the seat pan). Wow!:unsure: Sorry, my bad!