Sign in to follow this  
peter lena

oil soaking deck . hot sun , open gear oil

peter lena
Posted (edited)

been doing this for years ,  most important to  BREAK THE GRUNGE CLCLE ,  any collective , moist  grass , debris . personally like the open gear and chain spray , it stains the metal black with protection , another vital part is your , sun mounting point , you want hours on this ,to dry and soak in . did an initial , spindle bearing swap on it , Lucas  550 deg grease  , also did related pulleys , very quiet , solid , deck actually gets very warm . proof of  moisture elimination , just one of the things , I regularly do to ensure  solid reliable usage . also did any related bearing , in the mule drive / pto set up , engagement is quiet and squeal free . keep it greasy , pete

Edited by peter lena
duplication of reply
  • Like 2

C-85

In the fall I clean out anything my after mowing wash didn't get and coat the whole underneath of my decks with a mix of140w gear oil and grease.  This has worked well to prevent rust of the bare metal over the winter months!

C-85

image.png.c64f9e1077b54103184c4ba256c1dbea.png

• Like 2

peter lena

@C-85  like that , feeding a semi poris   casting with lubricant , is what you want , it also stains it black , and makes it slick . rust / rot or oil slick , pretty easy , pete