puddlejumper

520 8.5 by 12 rims

puddlejumper

can someone tell me if a set of jd rims will fit my 520 or do they set to deep under tractor currently have a set of cub cadet rims but looking to move valve stems to inside 12 by 8.5 rims are what i am looking for

Cody

Clearance between the tire and rear fender/gas tank mount is fairly tight,  I don't know that the john deere rims would fit with their offset being deeper on the back side

• Like 1

puddlejumper

I have ran the cub rims for yrs and your right about tight on the inside but time for new tires and due to my homemade wheel weights it time to take the oppurtunity to move valve stem to inside , if all else fails I will drill new holes for valve stems in my cadet rims and weld up existing.

Pullstart

It seems like you have the means to fabricate.  It is likely not worth mentioning wheel spacers?

kpinnc
Posted (edited)

Most JD wheels have the dish facing backwards from Wheel Horse. That might put the valve stem where you want it. 

As @Pullstart mentioned, spacers let you use whatever you want. 

The only other machines I can think of that used the same back spacing as WH were the Craftsman GT series, but I don't remember where the valve stem was. 

Edited by kpinnc

puddlejumper

i  will probably just refab the cadet rims.I was looking at buying the jd rims off ebay but I reallydont want to shim out much on a 8.50 rim because the cadet rims being inset 3 inches push a 10.50 tire just a little wider than my fel and i want the loader to cut out my tire tracks. but like kinda hinted to earlier a torch welder and grinder I can cut out and move center move valve stem position imagination is the only limitation. but that seems like a lot of work for something that should be simple.

• Like 1

case442

Hi all,

from my experience John Deere rims have the wrong off set, standard cub cadets have the wrong offset as well however, a super cub cadet rear rim will work on the wheel horse and vice versa. Again only my experience.

mike