After long time a smile on my face.

ebinmaine

Niiiiice

• Like 3

Sparky

That Kohler sounds great! 

• Like 3

peter lena

@Retired Wrencher nice unit ! take advantage of its simplicity , keep on making it better , more reliable , a consistent eye on it will show you what's going on . you are not in competition , you are striving for solid reliability .is that an oiled paint patina ? oiled hood front end ? you can probably get a rear fender match , with a penetrating oil soak down , sit a day , then rub it in with a clean cloth , also like MINERAL OIL , would step up verified lubrication , everywhere , cables etc.,  check out the front wheels for side to side , SHUCKING , don't be afraid to add some flat washers , better grease , sending you good ju ju   on that , pete

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
21 hours ago, peter lena said:

@Retired Wrencher nice unit ! take advantage of its simplicity , keep on making it better , more reliable , a consistent eye on it will show you what's going on . you are not in competition , you are striving for solid reliability .is that an oiled paint patina ? oiled hood front end ? you can probably get a rear fender match , with a penetrating oil soak down , sit a day , then rub it in with a clean cloth , also like MINERAL OIL , would step up verified lubrication , everywhere , cables etc.,  check out the front wheels for side to side , SHUCKING , don't be afraid to add some flat washers , better grease , sending you good ju ju   on that , pete

Pete I just use Marvel. The ting is the fuel pump now. It is a rebuilt pulse pump. Hard starting when cold. I have few lever pumps but need to be rebuilt. Those are on the way. Thanks for the reply.

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
21 hours ago, Sparky said:

That Kohler sounds great! 

Thanks Mike. Working getting rid of the pulse pump and getting the lever type pump on. Waiting for the rebuild kits to come in. I think this engine will work fine just a few bugs to work out.

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher
On 3/3/2024 at 4:50 PM, ebinmaine said:

Niiiiice

Thanks Eric. Happy days are here again.

ebinmaine
1 minute ago, Retired Wrencher said:

. Working getting rid of the pulse pump and getting the lever type pump on. 

Those pulse pumps should work just fine Gary. Not sure why that would be giving you any trouble.

If you don't want them, please hold them out for me. It would be good to have a couple spares for Trina's engines.

Retired Wrencher
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, ebinmaine said:

Those pulse pumps should work just fine Gary. Not sure why that would be giving you any trouble.

If you don't want them, please hold them out for me. It would be good to have a couple spares for Trina's engines.

I can do that Eric. It just starts hard when cold. Still getting used to it tho. Have time to work it out. It was rebuilt. @buckrancher made the diagrams for it.

Edited by Retired Wrencher
  • Thanks 1

peter lena
Posted (edited)

@Retired Wrencher  that marvel will do just fine , the lubrication base feed is your recovery start . the fuel issue , something  I  have regularly done , is to run in a engine pick up , on a separate gallon of heavily treated gas , thru the pump , also drop carb bowl , for crud . probably fuel hose break down , carbuncles' in there . that entire fuel run needs a refresh , personally , have STA BIL in all my fuel , prevents fuel hose break down . also detail check the throttle linkage , for smooth function .  pete  

Edited by peter lena

Sparky
10 hours ago, Retired Wrencher said:

Thanks Mike. Working getting rid of the pulse pump and getting the lever type pump on. Waiting for the rebuild kits to come in. 

Is it a given that there is a lobe on the cam to operate a lever type fuel pump? 

• Like 1

Tractorhead

Congrats, the Engine sounds great.

Hope you have long term hapiness with it.

👍

squonk
3 hours ago, Sparky said:

Is it a given that there is a lobe on the cam to operate a lever type fuel pump? 

There is one cam listed for this engine. Does not mention anything about the pump. All of the small blocks I've had apart have had the lobe. So I would assume the lobe is there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Retired Wrencher
12 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

👍

@Tractorhead Thanks for the reply I hope the same. Take care and be safe.

Retired Wrencher
9 hours ago, squonk said:

There is one cam listed for this engine. Does not mention anything about the pump. All of the small blocks I've had apart have had the lobe. So I would assume the lobe is there.

Thanks Mike my rebuild kits came in last night. I will be putting a lever pump on.

• Like 1

Tractorhead
6 hours ago, Retired Wrencher said:

@Tractorhead Thanks for the reply I hope the same. Take care and be safe.

Hope we see us at the Big Show👍

Retired Wrencher
17 hours ago, Tractorhead said:

Hope we see us at the Big Show👍

:)

WHGuy413

That is a beautiful tractor and the engine sounds great.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
On 3/5/2024 at 5:09 PM, Tractorhead said:

👍

@Tractorhead Thanks for the reply. This runs better now than it ever did.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
8 hours ago, WHGuy413 said:

That is a beautiful tractor and the engine sounds great.

Thanks Matt. I think this one is a keeper.

• Like 2

paulyv56
On 3/3/2024 at 2:19 PM, Retired Wrencher said:

I have been working on this since last year with a failed attempt  because of cheap over the big pond rebuild kit. Want to give BIG  thanks to @Docwheelhorse. For picking up this engine for me in January.  It was a partial 856. Yes it has been that long. I had to switch over parts from the bad engine to this one witch is a vacuum engine being my first. Been a long good day out side in the sun.:) I hope you enjoy the picks and one Video.

IMG_1471.jpeg

IMG_1470.jpeg

IMG_1469.jpeg

IMG_1467.mov

I Like those rear tires.

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher
20 hours ago, paulyv56 said:

I Like those rear tires.

I believe they came off a Cub tractor. Good for tight places.

• Like 1