JoeM

Inexpensive Trolley

ebinmaine

This is excellent. 

We have one set up as well. 

Definitely recommend as a somewhat Mobile crane lifting device. 

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

953 nut

I made up an engine balancing device years ago using a short piece of Unistrut, some 1/2" allthread rod, a trolley and a couple of chains. When pulling or installing an engine in a car I could tilt the engine as needed to clear the firewall or radiator with ease. That will hold well over the rated 600 pounds.

• Like 6
  • Excellent 1

peter lena

@953 nut  UNISTRUT is the word , we used them every ware  in plant , down in the stock room area , we had 55 gal drums , filled with the most popular , maintenance pick up parts , you would g to the parts counter for specific , smaller parts , but what ever else you needed was in the hallway  getting there , flanges , pipe hangers , conveyor materials , glass pipe connection flanges , nuts/ bolts , almost endless grab and go theory, we had hundreds of pumps / drive set ups , stem jacketed pump set ups , for heavy material in winter flow points ,SWISS LEWA POSITIVE GEAR PUMPS , always constantly adapting to the situation , to keep production running , those strut bends were made on a 100 ton bend press , incredible build point , pete  

• Like 5

953 nut
2 hours ago, peter lena said:

UNISTRUT is the word

Used a lot of it as an electrician on construction sites,  Kind of a big kid's erector set.  Stuff is incredibly strong and versatile.

• Like 5
  • Excellent 2

Wayne0

"Kind of a big kid's erector set."

You got that RIGHT!!

• Like 5

peter lena

@Wayne0   those also came in a MAGNATIZED  version , for those that did not have a 3 rd. arm , pete

• Like 1

ebinmaine
2 hours ago, 953 nut said:

Kind of a big kid's erector set.  Stuff is incredibly strong and versatile.

I've read about using two pieces parallel then another hanging across 90⁰ from them. 

Makes it so the movable hoist can be located anywhere in a roughly 10 x 10 area. 

• Like 3

PWL216

Here’s my setup. Works great. Unistrut + Amazon Bearings + 1/4” steel.

C035EED0-E17F-4010-8AA7-198996A82D5C.jpeg

7CC2CD0C-5F5C-49B4-B2F8-5370EE8675B5.jpeg

83D36AEA-386A-439F-97AF-30420ECCCD88.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

ebinmaine
5 minutes ago, PWL216 said:

Here’s my setup.

Very similar to ours. 

• Like 2

BBQVultureWings

B-Line Has a catalog you can download in .pdf format here:

https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/products/support-systems/strut-systems-&-accessories/strut-system-catalog-2018.pdf

Everything you ever wanted to know about Strut Hardware, products, Specs, Capacities, limits, Accessories etc.

In my 25+ years of industrial electrical work experience, I thiMk the B-Line catalogs are about the best & most thorough of them all. 

I have been threatening to build a 4-way hoist in the garage for years now.... When I finally do it, This is the sort of product I would use as I doubt I will be lifting anything heavier than 600 lbs more like 350 or less for the most part & since I aint gettin' any younger, I better hurry up....

Hope that helps....

• Like 4

peter lena

@BBQVultureWings  terrific  ideas / go to source , terrifying to many , purists , could not even see it , lots of ideas /  cures . you are a newbie , but you speak in the old school tongue , thank you , Pete 

• Like 2