ohiofarmer

Fix your obsolete two cycle carburetors.

ohiofarmer

I found a place that strives to keep your old stuff running. It's way up in the U,P of MI and they strive to get OEM gasket kits and if they cannot order them direct, they will make them. I had an old Echo weed eater and after I gave him some numbers the owner said to look on the other side of the carb body and tucked way behind a low spot, I found what he wanted. They made the rubber part and I had it in three days.   The company is called Discount Marine and they specialize in old boat motors carb kits clear back to when I was a kid and i am 71.

The website for the chain saw and related stuff is dicarbs.com, This guy is older than me and still answers the phone to help you out, He called me back with a price on my made to order part within the hour and got my OK to add it to my previous order. I figure that buying USA neoprene rubber seals and diaprhams is worth every penny and the stuff will actually fit..I cant wait to hear my old made in Germany Stihl run again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

tunahead72

I think you mean dicarbparts.com, correct?

Thanks for the info!

• Like 1

wh500special
Posted (edited)

I’ve ordered carburetor kits and water pump impellers from them for an old Sears outboard dad has.  Everything fit and seemed like the quality was good. 

Discount marine parts

steve 

(pix stolen off ‘net of this “classic” with its two-cylinder, two-stroke, water cooler Tecumseh)

IMG_6685.jpeg

Edited by wh500special

TonyToro

@ohiofarmer that’s a good site to save. Thank you! I just added it to my favorites.

ohiofarmer
Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2024 at 10:57 AM, tunahead72 said:

I think you mean dicarbparts.com, correct?

Thanks for the info!

Yes, that's correct. That's the site for the chain saws and string trimmer style stuff. The Discount Marine is the same company but is more for boat engines.

Anyway,the website has some shortcomings in that using the mode that identifies the chain saw itself might not work out because of different carbs for the same model year. The owner told me to always call before ordering

As it turns out, we were able to find three out of four kits in stock. The fourth one ,he used a programmed cutter to make a custom part..Just outstanding and it came in four days. All four kits came to 95.00 and I kept my USA made carbs.

Edited by ohiofarmer
  • Thanks 1