953 nut

TRACTOR TRIVIA and other interesting stuff 2/28/2024

ri702bill

Hmmm... $1250 clams for a Model G was a LOT of money over a hundred years ago. Still is today to me!

• Like 1

Achto

• Like 3
  • Excellent 4
  • Thanks 2

Handy Don

Small detail, but I noticed the mud scraper on the front wheel!

• Like 5

peter lena

@953 nut  always marveled at the mechanical simplicity , on the early anything , basically there was a need , that had to be taken care of . glad for the ZAGREY FARM SHOW , very often  seeing , sensing , feeling the  hands on  of such a mechanical piece . talk about  BOMBPROOF ! if there,  was, were  failure points , frequently going decades , with little maintenance . really **** the FORDSON  tractors , PERFECT   transition  from / farm to car like  set up . time traveler . oily pete 

• Like 4

Treepep

Very interesting!  Nice windsock air cleaner:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

953 nut
9 hours ago, Handy Don said:

Small detail, but I noticed the mud scraper on the front wheel!

That probably was an owner modification because it is not shown in the advertising illustrations.

59 minutes ago, Treepep said:

Very interesting!  Nice windsock air cleaner:D

Illustrations show a high snorkel for the air intake.

9 hours ago, peter lena said:

@953 nut  always marveled at the mechanical simplicity , on the early anything , basically there was a need , that had to be taken care of . glad for the ZAGREY FARM SHOW , very often  seeing , sensing , feeling the  hands on  of such a mechanical piece . talk about  BOMBPROOF ! if there,  was, were  failure points , frequently going decades , with little maintenance . really **** the FORDSON  tractors , PERFECT   transition  from / farm to car like  set up . time traveler . oily pete 

I think that worm gear on the steering could could use a little grease, what do you think?        :ychain:

• Excellent 1
  • Haha 2

Handy Don
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

I think that worm gear on the steering could could use a little grease, what do you think?        :ychain:

Agreed, but as a museum piece it wouldn’t be as pretty. :hide:

• Like 2

Tractorhead

Like the sound of the Engine in the Vid.

seems not really loud but good „background noise“ with a nice rhythmic.

Think it was not undesirable, the steering was a little stiffer on the front wormgear.

So you be able to let the Tracta running along a field and do some cowork aside while it run‘s.

At the timeline where this Tractas being used Safety rules may could a little differs to now.

• Like 2