peter lena

make iit slick

peter lena

this snow is going to be heavy for us , my plow blades are already slick with lubricant , for easy plowing and snow release. like getting extra HP  , chains , weights , the snow slide off is ridiculous . would also recommend   getting a far end push off spot , so every pass , has a place to go.  don't  plow short , plan for a place to go . like a penetrating oil spray down , also stops rust , might even lubricate the related movement points ! have a good time plowing , pate    

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

ANTPER
1 hour ago, peter lena said:

this snow is going to be heavy for us , my plow blades are already slick with lubricant , for easy plowing and snow release. like getting extra HP  , chains , weights , the snow slide off is ridiculous . would also recommend   getting a far end push off spot , so every pass , has a place to go.  don't  plow short , plan for a place to go . like a penetrating oil spray down , also stops rust , might even lubricate the related movement points ! have a good time plowing , pate    

I have a powdery foot in CT. already. I happen to plow with a Artic Cat 400 Auto Quad. When I hit that push off spot I will try and pusher further in so I don't lose that dump area for the next storm.

• Like 3
  • Excellent 1

JimSraj

Looks like about 10” here so far. Still snowing pretty steadily. Shoveled a path to the garage earlier. The snow itself is fluffy and light but There is a layer of slush on the bottom. Waiting for it to stop before getting the Kubota out for my driveway and my neighbors. 

• Like 3

peter lena

@ANTPER   tonight going into a  solid freeze  ,  so what ever you you move , will be there a while , also plow / move to the sun angle , so its melting away from you , have a driveway / hedge  , that I really get after , move everything to the other side , and the sun puts it in the street drain , learn from every clearing , Pete

• Like 2

ANTPER
18 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@ANTPER   tonight going into a  solid freeze  ,  so what ever you you move , will be there a while , also plow / move to the sun angle , so its melting away from you , have a driveway / hedge  , that I really get after , move everything to the other side , and the sun puts it in the street drain , learn from every clearing , Pete

Unfortunately my driveway on North side of home and don't get lotta sun there. Why I do get out there right after the storm before freeze. In my younger days with bigger storms lol  I'd go out mid storm and at least get one layer out of the way. I have a monster snow blower on tracks also along with plow so I have options depending on snow type or if I run out of space on snow stacking.

Edited by ANTPER

Wayne0

I got lucky with only a dusting here. Less than an inch.

Pullstart
2 hours ago, ANTPER said:

I have a powdery foot in CT.

I just have a stinky foot.  And another one follows close by.  No snow here in MI. :sad-bored:

@peter lena thanks for keeping us on the slick and narrow Greasy Pete!

• Thanks 1

SylvanLakeWH
24 minutes ago, Pullstart said:

No snow here in MI. :sad-bored:

:(

Handy Don

Predicted 3-6 inches turned into 10.5 inches of the really heavy jam-up-the-blower stuff here on top of warm ground. It’s already melting from underneath and the driveway is already drying in spots.

John c

Yesterday in my little piece of NE Ga I had 3.4in of rain and the system was heading up the east coast, some of y'all are gonna have your hands full.

peter lena

@ANTPER , got the better part of a foot , very heavy !  got it all cleaned off , and especially the icy CARBUNKLES ! those crusty  ice chunks can raze hell with your tires / suspension , mail box area clean / clear , back plowed the mail truck zone , roads tonight will be greasy , usually like greasy , but not for night driving , CRAMPON , PETE

• Like 1

ANTPER
26 minutes ago, peter lena said:

@ANTPER , got the better part of a foot , very heavy !  got it all cleaned off , and especially the icy CARBUNKLES ! those crusty  ice chunks can raze hell with your tires / suspension , mail box area clean / clear , back plowed the mail truck zone , roads tonight will be greasy , usually like greasy , but not for night driving , CRAMPON , PETE

I ended up just using the blower as I wanted to throw it further away for next storm. it was on the heavy side. Although plowing is much quicker.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

4-5 inches of wet heavy smuck here.       Plow time.

104_2930.JPG.0e5d1ba9422332edcb5626e40f952854.JPG

• Excellent 4

c-series don

@Ed Kennell same here! I’ll have to go sanding early in the morning so I just loaded up and put my truck in the garage ready to go. 

IMG_8941.jpeg

IMG_8940.jpeg

IMG_8942.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1